Earliest flight home from Seattle for Norwegian Cruise Line

snowescape3

I'll be on the Norwegian Pearl from Seattle to Alaska in May. The earliest time recommended for a flight home is 12:30 pm stated on the NCL website. I was wondering if an 11:35 am flight is doable. Has anyone taken an earlier flight than 12:30 pm & have you had any problems with disembarking the Pearl? Thanks for any advice!

I'll be on the Norwegian Pearl from Seattle to Alaska in May. The earliest time recommended for a flight home is 12:30 pm stated on the NCL website. I was wondering if an 11:35 am flight is doable. Has anyone taken an earlier flight than 12:30 pm & have you had any problems with disembarking the Pearl? Thanks for any advice!

I'm betting you already know the answer to this question.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You would likely reach more folks with direct experience if you also post this on the NCL forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

They say 12:30 for a reason. If you were cutting it short by 5 minutes it would be one thing, but an hour is a lot of time. I would not recommend a flight before noon.

Since I live in this area, it depends on the day of the week you debark. If it’s a weekend, you could probably make it, since I believe NCL is at Pier 66. Your transportation should take the Viaduct and 509 to the airport.

During the week is a little harder because of commuter traffic, but you will be going against incoming downtown traffic, so if you are off the ship by 7:30-8, I think it’s also possible. Of course, TSA precheck helps.

The Westcoast Departure board is also a good place to check.

If you can, you can also spend the night at an airport hotel and take an early flight the next day, and then not have to stress over it.

I will add that 11:35 is right on the cusp.

You may make it. You may not. And that is what you will learn on the West Coast Board.

Me, I don't like stress and don't want to spend half my cruise worrying so for me I wouldn't do it.

Keith

When we sailed, it was on Carnival. We got off the ship pretty early and our private car was there in like 5 minutes. I think Carnival docks further north than NCL too. But, when we got to the airport it was BUSY! There were very long lines for getting checked in for flights, then security. I'm talking like an hour long. There were attendants telling people what to do, trying to help. The one worker said it happens at times during the summer when there are multiple cruise ships coming in/out. We had a flight at like 1 something I think. We ended up being OK and we had some extra time, but only because my husband has priority status and they allowed us to go through with him. They didn't have to though and we could have been stuck in those lines!

I'm just not sure I would take the chance and be stressed about it.

I will add that 11:35 is right on the cusp.

You may make it. You may not. And that is what you will learn on the West Coast Board.

Me, I don't like stress and don't want to spend half my cruise worrying so for me I wouldn't do it.

Keith

I would not want to be stressed over making that early of a flight.

SeaTac can be quite a walk to your gate.

We always stay over a day at the Hilton near SeaTac.

SeaTac can be a mess. Missing the flight home would certainly be a lousy way to end what would otherwise be a very nice vacation. Not worth the risk to save a few $$$$ on airfare.