What do you do for dinner the first night back home?

Roadtripster

After all that great food and service during your cruise, it is a bummer to come home and face reality to have to fix dinner again. That first night, is the pits. Refrigerator is usually empty, snacks all gone, etc...

Do you usually order in, go pick something up, fix a frozen pizza?

I usually make a pasta casserole before I leave and freeze it. Pull it out when we get home and bake along with a loaf of garlic bread. Quick and simple.

After all that great food and service during your cruise, it is a bummer to come home and face reality to have to fix dinner again. That first night, is the pits. Refrigerator is usually empty, snacks all gone, etc...

Do you usually order in, go pick something up, fix a frozen pizza?

Sob!!!:D

john

I am the freezer queen. I cook when I feel like it and cook a lot of what I make. I freeze everything in individual servings, so I always have good meals on hand.

After returning from our last cruise we had lasagna the first evening, the next am we had French toast & sausages, lunch was soup.

I like to put on a nice dress and pair of heels, go sit down in the dining room and wait for my waiters to take my order. If the service is too slow there, I move to the kitchen table and wait for the waiters in that room to appear. After being really disappointed with the service aboard this ship, we call out to the Chinese restaurant that delivers.

We realy don't do anything special other than try to figure out how to eat with only 1 fork, spoon and knife. I usually wind up stirring my coffee with my finger 'cause there is no spoon for it.

I like to put on a nice dress and pair of heels, go sit down in the dining room and wait for my waiters to take my order. If the service is too slow there, I move to the kitchen table and wait for the waiters in that room to appear. After being really disappointed with the service aboard this ship, we call out to the Chinese restaurant that delivers.

LOL!! I have a husband that does what you do (only minus the dress and heels) This man could eat 2 hrs after a buffet meal! GRRR... Our next flight will be getting us home after midnight, so it'll be whatever frozen meals we have handy. I keep Lean Cuisines stocked and I think we'll need them!

It depends on what time we get home. After our last cruse we went out for pizza. After our next cruise we will probably do something similiar as we are sailing out of a local port...hooray! It will be my 50th b-day the day we return. So we will probably eat out for lunch and dinner that day! :D

By the time we arrive home to be dropped off we head to the nearest diner and unwind with a soup and sandwich meal. I most always travel with a group and we share stories laugh and unwind. Then we start planning ther next cruise. That way the cruise lives on.