Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:28 AM.
Georgia
723 Posts
Joined Jun 2010

HAHAHAHA...hello, girls. Sending you a big old hug.
Paula
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Thank you, Mr. Twain; I think I will!

Read my review of The Legend at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ght=mama+lapin

Read my review of The Triumph at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1319664

Read my review of The Fascination at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1351702

Previous Cruises:

Carnival Legend - 9-12-2010
Carnival Triumph - 12-2-2010
Carnival Fascination - 1-27-2011
Carnival Fascination - 4-30-11
Carnival Triumph - 9-17-2011
Carnival Dream - 3-24-2012
Carnival Fascination - 8-19-2012
Carnival Legend - 9-30-2012
Carnival Legend - 1-27-2013
Carnival Fantasy - 7-22-2013
Carnival Dream - 10-5-2013

2,473 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Where is everyone? Enjoying these last days of summer? Though I guess for you southerners you have lots of summer left.

I had a nice run/walk this morning, did fartleks (sprint work). Mine were run two min, walk two min. with a total of 5 times running. It's supposed to help with endurance.

Smooth, please don't ever feel bad about not talking to everyone. I think we all check in to say hi and see what everyone is up to. I know I don't check in to see if anyone mentioned me. Like you I enjoy hearing what everyone is up to.
I don't remember if I told you but your DIL upsets me. I don't understand her thinking. Does she think it makes anyone want to become a Christian when she treats people like that and not just any people but her childrens grandparents. That saddens me.

Ellen, do you really think DH is reading? if mine was we'd know it for sure because he would not be able to keep from joining in the conversation! He loved that we got to meet Marianne. He hears about the goings on here because sometimes I'm laughing as I read and he want to know what is so funny!

On the bedspread front, I to bought one that is ok. I bought it because it was super cheap at kohls. The other day DH and I were in the fabric store and I showed him some fabric I'm thinking of. A red & white toile, a floral print, and a plaid. I didn't buy it because I need to decide what is going to be what then I'll wait for a sale. I'm unsure if I want plaid roman blinds with shears or shears with toile drapes. The floral will be a coverlet to go over a spread I already own that is a plain beige/gray. Then I'll make up some shams & little pillows with whatever the curtains end up being and hopefully something else cute, maybe birds!

Ok, time to finish up my wine and watch some tv, it's early but DH isn't home tonight.
Kelly
Orlando
1,082 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Moving into night four of the intervention....

He is sleeping from approximately 11pm to approximately 8am. A stunning time shift!!! I AM THE MOTHER!!!

Diet and exercise-wise things are still at the same number. I have been really upping my exercise - an hour and half on the tennis court this morning (just wring me out), tomorrow more tennis, Saturday more tennis (but a get together in the evening with 3 other couples we haven't seen in ages) so good with the bad if the scale doesn't budge for 2 weeks after My Fitness pal food diary and this level of exercise then I'll either see the Doc or just get freakin fat!! Ohhh fat would be sooooo easy........

later girly-girls
D
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
----------------
"Travel is like a religion, where some people are incredibly fervent about it, while others just don't understand."
Orlando, FL
4,631 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Oh Dee! YOU ROCK! I can't believe the DS is sleeping "normal" hours! I knew you could do it! Congratulations!

Yep Smooth, I'm with Kelly, don't worry if you don't reach out and touch everyone, I get it! I too pop on some days several times a day just to read what's going on and by the time I start writing I've forgotten what I had read earlier!

The rain is coming down again, today it's a very late shower but full of lightening and thunder. The poor kitties are done with this summer rain storms everyday.

I can't believe it, I realized today that I'm going on a cruise in a week! Ok, a 3 nighter, but a cruise! Anyone sailed on NCL yet? I'm looking for some insight, anything I should know?

Also I've decided to stop in at the Brazilian Consulate when I get off the ship in Miami and take care of my Visa for the Amazon cruise. I figure if the company is paying my way down there for training and the cruise I need to take advantage of the time there and get it done!

Ok, time to go watch Big Brother, anyone else having trouble deciding what Shelly is up to? Will be interesting to see if she or Brandon gets voted out this week.

Tata, Mary
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[font=Book Antiqua][size=4][color=blue]If my ship sails from sight, it doesn't mean my journey ends, it simply means the river bends.

Mary has already sailed on....

Disney Magic, 12/13, Vision of the Seas 11/13, Carnival Liberty 8/13, Enchantment of the Seas 6/13, Norwegian Dawn 3/13, Oasis of the Seas 1/13,Sapphire Princess 9/12, Grand Princess 3/12, Pacific Princess 12/11, Ruby Princess 3/11, Golden Princess 2/10, Ruby Princess 12/09,Sea Princess 8/08, Emerald Princess 12/07, Disney Wonder,9/07,Coral Princess,11/06, Star Princess 8/05,Grand Princess 5/04,Coral Princess 8/03,Disney Wonder 6/03,Carnival Pride 9/02,Disney Wonder 8/02
CT
5,378 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Yes Mary I think we sailed on NCL 3 times and I like it. NCL does sail out of NY so it is easy for us. We went NCL on our med cruise.

They have many different resturants "for a fee" and I would suggest that even though the main dining room is fine that you take advantage of one. They are all quite good. Although there is no dress code on NCL people do tend to dress up at the french resturant.

There are a few things that are unique to NCL. You are not asked to leave your cabin when the cruise is over until your color is called. It is so much nicer to relax in your cabin, but on the other side your cabin may not be available when you first board. And my fav!!, A couple of times during the cruise they will bring out these huge charcoal grills by the pool to cook the hotdogs, burgers and chicken, yummie!!

Damn, wish on was going on a cruise!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Our Cruise Reviews here: WWW.Justcruisin-sv.com
Seattle, Washington
3,932 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
I woke up in the middle of the night for some reason, so I thought I would post a note.

Our dinner party on Wednesday night was truly wonderful. Our friends are so much fun and really enjoy one another so much. It got cool by the time we finally got around to eating, so we ate inside, which was fine. I did drink wine, but I didn't really eat much except a couple of deviled eggs and some salmon, all of which are perfectly fine on my diet. We will have brunch with these same folks (plus others) on Sunday after Mass at our friends' home.

Sounds like you are having fun, Mary, learning your new job. Personally, we hated NCL. The buffet felt like a high school cafeteria, and everything on the ship seemed a little tawdry. Maybe it was just the people on the ship as it was a repositioning cruise (over a weekend) and they always draw a different crowd. For some reason there were about 30 different groups of about 8 women who were there for a "girls' party weekend" and they got drunk and hogged the dance floor just being silly. Another thing we did not like about NCL is that they are ridiculously childish about bringing wine on board. We like to buy wine in different ports, which is perfectly fine with HAL, Princess or Cunard, but NCL insists on charing you a corkage fee when you bring it on board, whether you plan to drink it or not. Again, just way too high school for me.

After that first NCL cruise, we scratched them off our list. I will be curious to see what type of experience you have.

D, I am really happy to hear that things are working for the better with your son. That must be a real relief.

Smooth, I am with you in wishing I had a real cruise scheduled. We have one little three-day at the end of September, and that is it for cruises. We have a little trip to California in the beginning of September for my SIL's birthday party and then a 4-day ski trip to Steamboat in December, so I am hoping we can maybe work in something in early November. I am seeing lots of great deals for that time frame.

Kelly, I started doing a bedspread search on-line and was so excited to find one I wanted--on sale even--only to discover that they didn't have the size I needed. Oh well, the search continues.

I need to try to get back to sleep. If I am not too tired after work, we will be going out dancing tonight.

Later, Punki
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Breathless with anticipation:

Celebrity Constellation 4/19 (Singapore to Dubai)

Joyful memories

Celebrity Constellation 11/17 (Rome to Abu Dhabi) * Emerald Princess 6/17 (Alaska) * Celebrity Infinity 2/17 (Antarctica) * Diamond Princess 11/16 (Asia) * Queen Victoria 4/16. (Cape Town to Southampton) * Caribbean Princess 2/16 (Western Caribbean) * Ocean Princess 12/15 (Trans Atlantic), Queen Victoria 10/15 (Istanbul and Eastern Med) * Pacific Princess 5/15 (Pacific Coastal) * Golden Princess 5/15 (Pacific Coastal) * Queen Victoria 2/15 (South Pacific) * Queen Elizabeth 11/14 Mediterranean (Croatia)*Golden Princess 09/14 Pacific Coastal * Queen Victoria 08/14 Baltic (Russia) * Grand Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Star Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Island Princess 4/14 Panama Canal * Star Princess 12/13 Hawaii (Best cruise ever) * HAL Noordam 10/13 WB Transatlantic * Golden Princess 8/13 Alaska * Golden Princess 12/12 Hawaii *Sapphire Princess 10/12 California Coastal * Caribbean Princess 7/12 Scandinavia * Caribbean Princess 4/12 EB Transatlantic Crossing * HAL Amsterdam 9/11 Puget Sound * Star Princess 7/11 Mediterraean * Island Princess 5/11 SFO/YVR * Emerald Princess 12/10 Aruba * Coral Princess 9/10 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/10 Alaska * Celebrity Mercury 10/9 Puget Sound * Star Princess 9/09 Alaska * Golden Princess 9/09 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/09 Alaska * Star Princess 5/09 Coastal * Sapphire Princess 12/08 Mexico * Golden Princess 9/08, Repo * HAL Volendam 9/08, Repo * NCL Star 9/08 Repo * QM2 7/08, New England * Island Princess 5/08 Coastal * Coral Princess 5/08 * Diamond Princess 9/07 * Island Princess 5/07 * Golden Princess 5/07 * HAL Veendam 9/06, Repo * Dawn Princess 9/06 Coastal * Dawn Princess 5/06 Repo * Sapphire Princess 9/05 PacificCoastal * Island Princess 8/05 YVR/ANC
CT
5,378 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Hey Punki,
I thought about you last night. I have a new pair of dance shoes I just love but the heels are a bit to wide. I found this site that has all kind of shoe padding depending on what foot problems you have. Thought you might be interested in this site. It is called hapad.com

We had the same experience with QM2. The first cruise we took was a short cruise and because of the pushy amount of people it was horrible, while when we took a longer cruise it was completly different. I hope Mary experiences the later on NCL! We have only done 7 day cruises on NCL.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Orlando, FL
4,631 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Thanks Smooth and Punki for your feedback. Isn't it great that there are choices out there for cruising? My mission on this cruise is to experience the product and to know which of my clients it might fit best!

Also, Smooth thanks for the website. I have a very narrow heel which makes shoes fitting me right sometimes hard so I'll take a look at it.

Today the little DGK's go to meet the teacher at school this afternoon. It's always fun to see who their teachers are. I'm also going to check into being a school sponsor, hopefully some free advertising!!!! Speaking of advertising, did some research yesterday and it isn't cheap!

Gotta run, hope you all have a great day and enjoy your weekend!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[font=Book Antiqua][size=4][color=blue]If my ship sails from sight, it doesn't mean my journey ends, it simply means the river bends.

Mary has already sailed on....

Disney Magic, 12/13, Vision of the Seas 11/13, Carnival Liberty 8/13, Enchantment of the Seas 6/13, Norwegian Dawn 3/13, Oasis of the Seas 1/13,Sapphire Princess 9/12, Grand Princess 3/12, Pacific Princess 12/11, Ruby Princess 3/11, Golden Princess 2/10, Ruby Princess 12/09,Sea Princess 8/08, Emerald Princess 12/07, Disney Wonder,9/07,Coral Princess,11/06, Star Princess 8/05,Grand Princess 5/04,Coral Princess 8/03,Disney Wonder 6/03,Carnival Pride 9/02,Disney Wonder 8/02
Calgary, Alberta
117 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
I thought I would do a quick post to say hello because I will be very busy the next while. We are supposed to head to the cabin tonight and there is another party at a neighbour’s tomorrow night. Unfortunately, I think we will leave early Sunday to come into the office.

The weather has been so odd this summer. We can have a lovely sunny day and then the skies will darken and instant storm. Last night an incredible hailstorm shredded my flowers and garden. Marble sized hailstones just poured down for 10-15 minutes. We even took pictures. Yikes.

For all of you struggling with “difficult children” issues I want you to know that it has become part of my daily prayers to include you. I did not know that it would be so hard dealing with grown children; it can really break your heart. Sometimes I feel like there is a pain right in my heart that I can feel tearing apart. It is connected to the lump in my throat…

Somehow, it is comforting to know that all of you intelligent, loving, honourable and good-humoured women face family challenges as well. Life goes on and we make the best of it. Yay for us.

I am enjoying our new home and the name that sums up our alliance. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Trish
Vancouver, WA
36 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Hi All,
Things have been crazy around here. Company is gone now, but I need to make another cake. DHs birthday is tomorrow and we are celebrating tonight because he has a golf tournament for work in Seattle tomorrow. Sunday we fly to Maui for the annual HTA conference. Wish I would have lost those last pesky pounds. I am about 6 over my last cruise weight and DH requested Chicken Fried Steak, gravy, potatoes and all the fixins for the birthday dinner tonight. Plus, I bought him a really cool popcorn machine for his theater room as a present. Movies and popcorn after dinner with the family. Can you guess who is breaking their diets for Maui!!

D-you ROCK as a Mom! He will shape up. I am sure he is a wonderful guy and will you two supporting him he will succeed.

Trish- so sorry about your flowers. Mother nature has her moments, huh?

Mary- have fun on your cruise. My next one is not until December, but I have a few trips planned in between. It is nice this one is paid for by work for you.

Punki- Way to stay on the diet with company over! I have been really strict but knew I would stop when I went to Maui. I will pick up the diet again after labor day. I know that means starting all over, but I decided that limiting myself with customers and my kids around is not worth it this go around. I am doing the Lavendar farm and wine tasting and two dinners with clients plus a banquet and an exhibitors night where they usually have wonderful food and an open bar. Days with the kids will be easier, but I miss fruit, don't you?? I plan to have some guava and pineapple next week!

Kelly- Martha Stewart took care of everything for me on the bedroom. The set came with throw pillows and curtains!! I might have choose something different for the curtains, but I am happy with them. I will post a pic, but I still need artwork over the bed. I found some nice vases to make the purple accents, though.

Paula- thanks for the hug. I saw your recent shopping find on FB and you ARE the Shopping Queen. That will look so nice on you as well.

Marianne- I don't think DH reads everything, but I think he reads my posts from what he said. Any flying trips in your near future?

Amy- I hope you quit getting interrupted by sounds and smells in the night

Dianne and Janey- I hope this weekend brings many happy things to post about

Ellen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bed1.jpg (14.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg bed2.jpg (8.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg bed3.jpg (9.8 KB, 13 views)
Orlando
1,082 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Just a quick post as I fly by here....

Thanks for all of your encouragement with my DS. I can't believe how far he has come since Monday - his temperament has been more even too. Think it had anything to do with the sleep?!

Wishing you all a lovely Friday evening - driving home tonight we saw the most menacing black clouds on the horizon decorated with a double rainbow. That has to mean something very cosmic and new-agey...

Hark! I do believe we are well past WINE-time!

gotta go,

D
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
----------------
"Travel is like a religion, where some people are incredibly fervent about it, while others just don't understand."
Orlando
1,082 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Hey that last post was my 1000 post...now i gotta go have a glass of wine!!!!!

D
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
----------------
Georgia
723 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Evening, Girls,

Praise the Lord, DS, EDIL and the gang have moved into a rent house and should now begin the tedious process of tearing down the burned rubble of their former home and either rebuild or buy something somewhere else. They have been dragging their feet with this, much to the chagrin of the neighborhood. Yes, I know that it is traumatic, but in spite of what they think, there are no treasures that are going to be saved from that pile of ashes. The sooner they come to terms with that, the better off they will be. The kids are back in school and middle GD had to go to a new one. It has been a really rough time for them.

So this is my last weekend as a free woman; the new job starts next Friday. I am still not sure if this is what I want to do, but I am going to go with an open mind, wearing comfortable shoes. I am not a quitter, but by golly, if I don't love it, I am out of there.

Trish, sometimes I thiink young children are easier than gownup ones. What is the old adage: little ones little problems and big ones big problems. I have had my share with my big old boys, that's for sure. And yes, it is reassuring that others have had similar experiences. Enjoy this weekend before you begin your recovery.

Way to go, Dee. I knew that you could whip the boy into shape.

Looks like we all did the bedroom redo this week. I found a great one that I like too and just so happened to have matching accessories and pictures in the attic. See? Sometimes it pays to be a packrat.

Have fun in Hawaii, Ellen. Yes, I am jealous!

Safe trip to Fla. Sis. Your dream is about to become a reality and I am so happy for you!

To everyone else...Have a lovely weekend.

Hugs,
Paula
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Thank you, Mr. Twain; I think I will!

Read my review of The Legend at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ght=mama+lapin

Read my review of The Triumph at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1319664

Read my review of The Fascination at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1351702

Previous Cruises:

Carnival Legend - 9-12-2010
Carnival Triumph - 12-2-2010
Carnival Fascination - 1-27-2011
Carnival Fascination - 4-30-11
Carnival Triumph - 9-17-2011
Carnival Dream - 3-24-2012
Carnival Fascination - 8-19-2012
Carnival Legend - 9-30-2012
Carnival Legend - 1-27-2013
Carnival Fantasy - 7-22-2013
Carnival Dream - 10-5-2013

1,181 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Good saturday morning everyone!
I could have sworn that i posted yesterday. not sure what happened. i must have clicked the wrong button.

anyway-had a very busy work week and am just enjoying this early morning coffee time with no agenda for the day. mounds of laundry of course-and i think we are going to the grocery store later. DH special ordered rocky road ice cream...lol...and it is coming in today. good thing that is not on my favorites list. He is welcome to it. I may grab some weight watcher's ice cream while we are there.

it is looking like rain again. still very hot here, but at least we are not lacking for rain. we have had the sprinklers off for at least 2 weeks now so maybe the water bill will cut us some slack.

i am volunteering one evening a month at my church's free medical clinic. i went for the first time this past week and it was fun and very well organized. really nice group of people to work with. i was afraid they would need me too much...lol...working full time is about all i can handle these days. but one day a month is just perfect.

otherwise--my weight is still maintaining...i have lost count now but i think i am over 2 years with this. i still don't exercise as much as i should. i am proud of all of you that do! It takes such dedication and determination. awesome!

have a lovely day girls. D-that is wonderful about your son...way to go!! and Trish--prayers for you and your family...have a relaxing time at the cabin. You deserve it. Hi to everyone!!!
janey

Boca Raton, Fl
3,191 Posts
Joined Nov 2000
"Sometimes I feel like there is a pain right in my heart that I can feel tearing apart. It is connected to the lump in my throat…"
Trish, I couldn't have said this better if I tried!! You are so right on! Hope you have a wonderful weekend at the cabin. Bummer with that hail. My DD had her car hit once and it looked like a million golf balls hit it. She didn't have the insurance fix it because she figured it would happen again and 4 years later, it still has not happened. LOL
Ellen, have a great time in Maui! What a great place to have to go on business. Loved the bedroom! You need to post the cake you posted on FB so everyone can drool!!
Smooth, I agree that I have to let it go with DD. I just hope she doesn't go back to calling me everyday. That's what messes up my mind. I know she's relieving her guilt by talking daily but I can't stand the "elephant in the room" that she's ignoring.
Mary, I agree somewhat with Punki on some of the NCL stuff. When you take a weekend cruise, you know you are going to get a lower class crowd because it's a cheap trip. That being said, we have cruised NCL many times both weekends and week long cruises and have found that you can "escape" the cattle call type meals if you book the specialty restaurants. Most of the weekenders aren't splurging on paying any extra so those restaurants are empty and the staff will fall all over you to make your experience wonderful. We were on NCL's Sky and that's what we did. Hey, the casino was lots of fun! We'll talk when you get here!! Yeah, I love writing that!!!
Janey, nice that you are volunteering. Bet they are thrilled to have your help. I can't believe DH ordered ice cream! Guess we're spoiled here because you can get every fattening thing you desire!!
Paula, I just know you are going to love the new job and like you said, if you don't, you'll be out of there. That's my sentiments with subbing.
D, good job with DS. Age has nothing to do with them learning new tricks! LOL
OK, my life is so shallow.....my biggest excitement right now is to make it 40 more minutes without a sip of water or food so that darn WW scale doesn't make me cry!! hahaha I skipped last week because I couldn't bare seeing a weight gain on the scale. I'm hoping for any kind of loss today. I was very good all week but last week was really ugly. Tune in later for the outcome! hahahaha
OK, off to WW and pick up my new blue contacts. They discontinued the aqua ones I've worn for years so this is very traumatic...see, my life is shallow.
Marianne
CT
5,378 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Paula Glad to hear the kids have a new house to live in. Hopefully this will help all the way around. You know I have been consulting a long time and with every job I have the feeling I dont want to do this, always a bit nervous... And then always after a day or two I am happy to be there.You just might have new job jitters!

Oh darn Marianne, I love the color of your eyes... That would bother me too. I can certainly see that if your DD calls everyday it makes it even harder for you.

You know on our Med cruise being a special cruise we decided before hand that we would only eat in the specialty resturants and this may be why my take on NCL is different from the rest. But kuddo's for you Mary going on a cruise line to better help guide your clients.

Today is a run day for me. I still look forwards to the run days. Kelly said running helped in loosing weight in her tummy but I have not noticed this, still as of this morning I am up to 15 pound weight loss, so no complaints here!! Finally after many false starts of dieting and weight loss it is happening.

Punki, still loosing on Duncan?

I have been reading along on this running thread of people over 40, what an inspiring group of people. One lady 62, is training for a triathalon in Disney, can you imangine??? My goal of a 5K in October is challenge enough for me. I did read pandora has a 5K charm, another goal of mine! Hey D, maybe this race is for you (kidding)

Have a great weekend all.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Boca Raton, Fl
3,191 Posts
Joined Nov 2000
OK, not exciting but only up 0.6 on the WW scale so still have a loss of 14 total. I had such a bad week last week. Hopefully before we leave on Friday for Baltimore, I will make some strides. We have some tropical stuff lurking about so hopefully we'll get to Baltimore next weekend.
Smooth, looks like we are going neck and neck on the weight loss. So happy that it is finally happening for both of us. I don't know about the new contacts yet. Will try them out tonight. I got blue because I have green eyes and thought the sample pair made them look similar to the color contacts I now have. I also liked the green and may get a box of those too. These new disposable contacts you wear for a month, cleaning every night. They come in boxes of 6, Acuvue 2. I never wore disposable before.
OK, trying to see The Help again tonight. It will probably happen since we already bought the tickets!
Marianne
2,473 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Ok, I should be doing homework while baby is sleeping but I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of it. I think it'll take a couple of days before I'm motivated to really jump in. The weather is so nice, we are going to golf when DD gets off work. She has a job interview on Monday, it will be her second in person after I think two or three phone ones. If they offer her it it will come down to money because she would be moving and would need to pay for full time day care. She wants it because she could move in with BF. I'm not going to lie, it would be nice to have life back to normal and become grandparents and spoil him!

Ellen, the BDR turned out nice! I do love Martha! my living room is everyday green from when she still had paint at Kmart. Maybe it's time for that change I keep threatening.

Smooth, I've been thinking I might want a Pandora, if I start one I'm going to have to do a 5k! Because I'm always disappointed when the time for the treadmill comes I might do the c25k on it. I think that would be motivating and something to work towards. I'm so excited for you that you caught the running bug! Even when I don't like it I feel like I'm accomplishing something.

Marianne, I didn't know you had colored contacts! I wish I could get just plain ones, but the eye dr said he didn't think they'd work for me. I might try again next time I go. I really don't like wearing glasses.

You to are both doing great with the weightloss! My pants are feeling better so that's a good thing. I'm hoping that by the time the cruise comes in Feb that I'll be able to wear my red dress!

Janey, how wonderful that your church offers the clinic and that you are able to help them out. 2 years of maintaining is a huge milestone! I'm hoping to get back there!

Paula, good news on the DS & fam getting their own place again. It must be a hard decision to rebuild there or somewhere else. I'm with you on the new job, no point in being miserable and hopefully it will be fun and something you enjoy doing.

that's it for now, going to suffer through some reading. I think I'll go outside, that might make it better.
Kelly
Vancouver, WA
36 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Kelly - thanks. I need to find artworks and the pics dont show the whole room. I went with gray and lavender towels in the master bath. So happ to be done with the decision making.
Anytime I get to spend with my grandsons is precious. I also have them a lot and though it would be nice to just pop in and spoil them like the Nana seems to want to do, I would miss so many memories. I love to teach them new things. They will remember me as the grandma that did everything for them. Discipline and hugs

Paula- Happy for your family that they are taking a baby step to move on. Sorry one of them had to change schools. Those beauties will have no problems making new friends, I am sure of it.

Marianne- No worries on you weight. I leave for Maui and these pesky poundas are going with me this time. You, on the other hand have been a rockstar in your weight battle this summer. I hipe you like the Help. I did.

Smooth- you will have no problem earning that pandora charm for the 5k. Wear it proudly.

Janey-you have to order rocky road ice cream? That is what I served with DHs cake last night. Do you live very remotely or just a special kind from a special store?

Trish- I hope you are enjoying your time at the cabin.

Punki- Aren't you loving this sunshine