Military Rate RCCL - Multiple Rooms

Deptacon

Hey everyone,

I wanted to to know if the Military rate is applicable to multiple rooms....ie can I book a room for my spouse and myself...as well as maybe some friends?

I called RCCL today...the rep said no but I know how things go with calling RCCL...one person says no one person says yes.

Wasn't sure if I could book more than one room at the discounted rate. For the cruise we are looking it is a substantial discount and would like to try and get our friends in on that rate too (even better than buy one get one)

• 4 weeks later...

As I understand it, the rate can only be applied to the cabin where the military member/spouse is staying (retired or AD or however you qualify). We have tried that in the past and only our cabin could be reserved with a military discount rate. We usually cruise with my family every year. My husband and I are the only ones who can get the military discount- if one is offered. Now, you might check and see if you can qualify for another discount that might have similar rates or perks.

I don't think you can get around this by having you book one room and your spouse book the other (for your friend). I have not ever tried that, because I am not usually the one booking the trips, but I don't think that strategy would work.

• 3 weeks later...

There has to be a military member in the cabin to get the discount. It has always been that way with RCCL. Carnival and Disney used to let you book 3 cabins at the military rate, but I think Disney only let you get one now too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Im retired AF and RCCL has never given me a discount.

We purchased a buy one get one half off tickets and get NO military discount. 20 year AF retired

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Military discounts are not offered on all cruises, just select ones

Military discounts are not offered on all cruises, just select ones

If you go into the Advance Search on the RCCL website and click military discount without clicking anything else, you will see which cruises offer the military discount. Usually cruises they have a difficult time filling up.

• 1 year later...

With RCCL you need to search for cruises with military discounts and book early 7 to 12 months or the fares sell out I got 459 dollars off for both wife and me and 150 off for each of the kids plus 400 dollars on board credit

I agree with the people that say to keep checking. We originally booked our upcoming Anthem cruise with the 30% off WOW sale and our TA looked for a mil discount and there wasn't one but they have us 50$ OBC for my husband being military. But I saw our cruise price go down a little bit so I called our TA and when she called RCCL she had them check again for a military rate on our cruise and they were offering one. Our cruise price dropped over 1000.00 because of that so I would always keep checking :)

My brother is a former Marine. When I looked into booking a cruise with him, the discount then was the same discount that older people get. Not sure about now. I just remember thinking that the military discount was not impressive to me.