Wind Surf in the Adriatic

acwmom

While I know weather plays a huge factor in how much motion the ship experiences, in general, how much motion does one experience in the Adriatic, as opposed to the Caribbean. We are considering Classic Italy and the Dalmatian Coast, and my husband really wants to sail on the Surf. We are looking at the late spring 2018 departures.

Thanks!

Robin

While I know weather plays a huge factor in how much motion the ship experiences, in general, how much motion does one experience in the Adriatic, as opposed to the Caribbean. We are considering Classic Italy and the Dalmatian Coast, and my husband really wants to sail on the Surf. We are looking at the late spring 2018 departures.

Thanks!

Robin

We did this on the Surf last September/Oct . Seas were perfect. Have sailed her in Caribbean and this was calmer. Beautiful itinerary that we would love to repeat.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We were on the Star Pride in August 2016, from Rome around the boot, then on to Croatia, ending in Venice. My wife easily gets motion sickness. (She travels with Scopolamine transdermal patches). On an 8 day sailing, she only applied one patch, as a precaution, on our at sea time from Sicily to Kotor. She did not full uncomfortable and she reads at least half the time on sea days.

The weather cannot be predicted, but we found very stable seas in the Adriatic on this summer trip.

Also the Scopolamine is a vast improvement over similar products from years ago.. It is recommended to wear a patch once, at home, after you fill the prescription, to make sure you have no side effects.

• 7 months later...