Hotels/Motels in Bayonne New Jersey near cruiseport

ranchette

Are there any hotels near the cruiseport just in case we have to arrive a day before the cruise.

Not right near the cruise port, but near the airport. We use the Residence Inn in Elizabeth. In the same complex there is a Courtyard Marriott and Country Inn and Suites. Free airport shuttle.

We have also stayed at Country Inns and Suites, but I do not recommend their shuttle. There were far too many people in the lobby waiting for their ride - I'd say at least 75 people. Both times we have stayed there, we had the front desk arrange a private car for us; the cost was about $55.00 plus tip. MUCH BETTER idea than a shuttle, in my opinion. :)

I like the Jersey Gardens Mall area, but for a snow emergency the hotels on the north side of the airport (Doubletree, Ramada Plaza, Courtyard Newark Airport, Springhill Suites, and Fairfield Inn have good access to the NJ Turnpike to pick up the extension to exit 14A for Cape Liberty.

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites (pre-cruise) this past October. Very disappointed with this property. Next time I will opt for the Residence Inn or Embassy Suites instead.

We used Uber from EWR to hotel....hotel to Cape Liberty and Cape Liberty back to EWR...very easy and affordable transportation....this worked out great for us.

Do not stay in Bayonne.

You can stay in Newark -- Hilton, Robert Treat or the new Courtyard by the Prudential Center.

I'd even brave the Hampton inn off Bridge Street in Harrison on the way from Newark to Kearny.

You can stay in Elizabeth by the Airport. Even some of the big brand name hotels on 1&9 by the park & fly off site lots are fine but the ones mentioned near the Jersey Garden's mall are fine too.

You can stay in Jersey City at the Hyatt. Be careful of much else.

If you see a "great deal" on a brand you never heard of, you can't go wrong assuming they charge by the hour & you may take your life in your hands staying there.

Nothing wrong with the Courtyard, Westin, Doubletree, and Candlewood Suites in the Newport area of Jersey City or the W in Hoboken.

Definitely agree about not picking the cheapest hotels at EWR, Newark, Jersey City, and Bayonne.

If you select a hotel, ask for opinions on this forum.

We stayed at the Marriott full service hotel at the airport and took a cab to the cruise port.

If you took a cab to the cruise port, I'm thinking you took a cruise from the port back to a hotel or to the airport. Are there a lot of cabs waiting at the port or did you have to arrange it ahead of time?

Lois

If you took a cab to the cruise port, I'm thinking you took a cruise from the port back to a hotel or to the airport. Are there a lot of cabs waiting at the port or did you have to arrange it ahead of time?

Lois

Cape Liberty has a taxi dispatcher who assigns a variety of transportation waiting in the taxi/van pool.