Is The Pearl hotel in NYC a good place to stay pre-cruise?

RobinSie

Hello cruising friends,

I have only been to NYC once, in 2000, with a tour, so really don't know anything about the city. I'm thinking about booking our family at The Pearl for the night before our cruise on Escape to Bermuda (2nd time on her). We don't leave until June, so I have some time. I would appreciate feedback positive or negative about staying here. Open to other hotel suggestions as well.

TIA!

Robin

Hello cruising friends,

I have only been to NYC once, in 2000, with a tour, so really don't know anything about the city. I'm thinking about booking our family at The Pearl for the night before our cruise on Escape to Bermuda (2nd time on her). We don't leave until June, so I have some time. I would appreciate feedback positive or negative about staying here. Open to other hotel suggestions as well.

TIA!

Robin

What is the exact date you need a hotel? What is your hotel budget? How many people? Bed size requirements?

I don't know what price you're paying but the location is fine. It's near Times Square but not in the middle of it. I have passed the property a few times because I have eaten at Restaurants on that block. I checked the webpage and all rates include wine and cheese hour at 4:00 and free breakfast. Sold for me. lol Grab a slice of pizza and you're good. :)

What is the exact date you need a hotel? What is your hotel budget? How many people? Bed size requirements?

We are using CC points, which equals about $500. We will have either 4 or 6 people, including 2 children. Prefer 2 queen beds and a pullout sofa.

I don't know what price you're paying but the location is fine. It's near Times Square but not in the middle of it. I have passed the property a few times because I have eaten at Restaurants on that block. I checked the webpage and all rates include wine and cheese hour at 4:00 and free breakfast. Sold for me. lol Grab a slice of pizza and you're good. :)

We would like to be in the middle of the city that never sleeps so that we can take in as much as we can. My hubby would like to see a show on Broadway as well. I wish we had more time to explore. The free breakfast and snacks are definitely a plus in choosing this place.

We would like to be in the middle of the city that never sleeps so that we can take in as much as we can. My hubby would like to see a show on Broadway as well. I wish we had more time to explore. The free breakfast and snacks are definitely a plus in choosing this place.

This is the perfect location for that. You can walk to lots of places from here unless you have mobility issues. Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, you could even walk to edge of Central Park, plaza Hotel even Trump Tower lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are using CC points, which equals about $500. We will have either 4 or 6 people, including 2 children. Prefer 2 queen beds and a pullout sofa.

Exact date?????

It appears the Pearl offers 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. That is a very scarce option in New York hotel rooms.