Junior Suite perks

Be pink

Has anyone sailed in a junior suite on Explorer of the Seas? Are the suite perks available if you book a junior suite?

I’ve looked online and there is conflicting info. On the booking page it says you have the suite perks, but then on the main site it has that junior suites are exempt from the suite perks. Just trying to decide which cabin to book.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In a Junior Suite you get "Sea Class" amenities. Upgraded bathroom items, robes, you can use the Suite Line for boarding. If there is a Coastal Kitchen (don't think Explorer does), you can have dinners only in it. You get double Crown and Anchor points. So there are a few perks, but really the Junior Suite is a much larger cabin. That's it's real benefit. We used to refer to the "Gold Card Suites" which were Grand Suite and above because your SeaPass was Gold. Now it's Sea, Sky, and Star class with Sea being the Junior Suites. Here's a link that lists the different perks for the different classes of suites.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/faq/

• Like 1

In a Junior Suite you get "Sea Class" amenities. Upgraded bathroom items, robes, you can use the Suite Line for boarding. If there is a Coastal Kitchen (don't think Explorer does), you can have dinners only in it. You get double Crown and Anchor points. So there are a few perks, but really the Junior Suite is a much larger cabin. That's it's real benefit. We used to refer to the "Gold Card Suites" which were Grand Suite and above because your SeaPass was Gold. Now it's Sea, Sky, and Star class with Sea being the Junior Suites. Here's a link that lists the different perks for the different classes of suites.

I don't see Explorer of the Seas on the list of ships that are part of the Royal Suite Class program.

Sea class perks only apply to Oasis and some Quantum class ships.

Has anyone sailed in a junior suite on Explorer of the Seas? Are the suite perks available if you book a junior suite?

I’ve looked online and there is conflicting info. On the booking page it says you have the suite perks, but then on the main site it has that junior suites are exempt from the suite perks. Just trying to decide which cabin to book.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A JS is not considered a full suite and does not qualify for the suite class perks.

You get more space, a bathtub, coffee maker, robes and a silver seapass card.

JS Perks on Explorer:

Bathtub

Walk-in closet

Priority check-in and boarding

Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Silver Seapass card (no function other than distinctive color)

JS Perks on Explorer:

Bathtub

Walk-in closet

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Yes we got all this.

Please don't forget the added bonus of paying higher gratuities than non-suite staterooms.

Yes we got all this.

Please don't forget the added bonus of paying higher gratuities than non-suite staterooms.

Junior Suites don't pay the higher gratuity. JS's pay the same as any non-suite cabin. You should double check if you were charged the higher gratuity as it would be in error. We have sailed in a JS many times, last was July and we were charged the non-suite rate.

• Like 1

Biggest attraction for us in a JS is double points, priority boarding and discounts. We are going on our 6th RCL cruise and turning Diamond. Our first 2 cruises were not in a JS. Points add up fast. We have our first back to back booked in 2019 in a JS and will earn another 28 points. Double diamond is on the horizon.

The only ships with a Coastal Kitchen restaurant are the 3 Oasis class ships and 3 Quantum class ships. (Oasis, Allure, Harmony (soon to be Symphony also), Quantum, Anthem, Ovation).

Biggest attraction for us in a JS is double points, priority boarding and discounts. We are going on our 6th RCL cruise and turning Diamond. Our first 2 cruises were not in a JS. Points add up fast. We have our first back to back booked in 2019 in a JS and will earn another 28 points. Double diamond is on the horizon.

There is no such thing. Perhaps you mean Diamond Plus?

• 6 months later...

I just got an email asking me if I wanted to be upgraded to a junior suite on Oasis in October. We are a family of five with my youngest being 6, can a family of 5 stay in this suite? One video all i saw was the bed and the couch that pulls out.

I just got an email asking me if I wanted to be upgraded to a junior suite on Oasis in October. We are a family of five with my youngest being 6, can a family of 5 stay in this suite? One video all i saw was the bed and the couch that pulls out.

Yes, on Oasis there are many JS’s that have a Pullman in addition to the sofabed. Look on the deck plan for the solid diamond. Available on decks 6,7 and 8

• Like 1

JS Perks on Explorer:

Bathtub

Walk-in closet

Bathroom amenities

Robes

My wife and I were in a Junior Suite on the July 9 Mariner. We received the first six above perks but our SeaPass card was the regular blue color, not silver. We asked why and were told that the Silver SeaPass are no longer being used. We have not yet received the C&A points but that is normal since it is only 5 days since we disembarked. We received the extra "bathroom amenities" (the white tubes which we would have gotten even if we were not in a JS since we have over 340 C&A points) but I think that they were worthless.

We prefer the JS over larger suites because we love the bigger room, closet and bathroom. We don't want to pay the much higher price for the other suite perks. So, it's everybody's personal taste, depending on which perks are more important to you.

• Like 1

Personally I like the JS as well, especially the aft on the Voyager class. The extra perks for the full suite are hardly worth it top me. I do like a private breakfast area.

What I do like about the larger suites is being able to entertain guests in comfort. The OS is ideal for that.