Your first cruise ship

Copper10-8

In 2003 we cruised the Western Caribbean on Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas. I remember everyone being sooooo dressed up on formal night. We are talking ball gowns here. Lovely! There were a lot of families onboard and the children in their party clothes were wildly enthusiastic and so adorable!

Anyhow, it was the start of a beautiful relationship between us and the sea. Two cruises a year ever since -- increasingly lengthy cruises.

MS Zuiderdam, last week of May/first week of June 2010.

Inside Passage - Vancouver-Juneau-Skagway-Glacier Bay-Ketchikan-Vancouver

Hooked? Seven cruises more, with two more booked.

We havent had a vacation that was not cruise related since then. Five with HAL (#6 booked for next year), one with Princess (#2 days away) and one with Royal

Our first Cruise was on Carnival Destiny (now the Sunshine) in 2000 when the Cruising bug got us. We started cruising HAL on Zuiderdam in 2005. Tried a few others Lines now and then but primarily stayed with Carnival and HAL and have 60 plus Cruises since our first one (and hopefully many more to come)! We're hooked!

Carnival Fantasy 2001 - 23 cruises ago. DW took me kicking and screaming (well, not really but I didn't want to go). HI hated the thought of spending 4 days on anything resembling "The Love Boat". We had a great time. Food was great, service fantastic. In many respects its too bad that the food and service wasn't as good on today's cruise ships as the Fantasy was.

I'm on my first cruise right now: Holland America Amsterdam, 14-day Great Alaska Explorer, Sept. 11-25, 2017.

Already booked 3 more (Holland America Rotterdam 38-day Voyage of the Vikings in July-August 2018; Oceania Regatta 18-day Panama Canal from San Francisco to Miami in October 2018; and Holland America Eurodam 28-day Hawaii-Tahiti-Marqueses in Mar-Apr 2019).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My first cruise and ship was Carnival Elation back in 2009 when it was home ported in beautiful San Diego

It was a swine flu cruise so we weren't able to get off in Ensenada. The ship still docked in Ensenada for "logisitc" purposes but as we all know, it needed meet the Jones Act.

Still had a great time..

Our first cruise was on the Amsterdam July 4th 2004...7 night Alaskan Explorer.

I was the most perfect cruise I have ever been on, we have done many since then.

We still love cursing, can't wait until the next one.

Jackalope,

I don't normally point out misspells, but your's made me laugh. Maybe it was the irony of it right before the scripture in your signature. I hope you're laughing with me!

bb

Well my first cruise was on the TSS Fairstar (The Fun Ship) back in 1973. We travelled from Sydney to Fiji on a 19 day cruise. It was on the Fairstar that halfway through the cruise, I happened to meet a young lady in the disco and it ended up me marrying that good looking gal in 1975.

We have been married for almost 42 years. What a cruise:cool:

Paul

When I a teenage I was a big fan of the TV show Love Boat back in the 70's and begged my parents to take me on one of those cruises. They thought I was crazy...as those cruises were for only the rich and beautiful...LOL. I finally wore my mom down and she booked her and I (dad didn't want to go) on RCCL'S Song of Norway June 1980 on a Caribbean cruise out of Miami. Boy...did we have a great time. We like it so much we talk my dad in going the following year. He loved it. I'll been on 30+ cruises since and off on the Oosterdam in next month.

One of the best decisions I ever made was to take my first cruise. It was on the Celebration out of New Orleans in September 1997, a 7 day western Caribbean cruise. On that cruise I met a beautiful lady from east Texas. We stayed in touch and exactly two years later we returned to the Celebration and got married aboard ship. Well the Celebration is gone now and sadly, so is my wife. She passed several years ago but those 14 years we were together were the best of my life.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our first cruise was on the Britannis of the old Chandris Line (later to become Celebrity) in 1977. I won the cruise on a TV game show! The ship was old even then, but had many unique features, such as raised doorways to the cabin and from the cabin to the bathroom. Can't tell you how many times this klutz stubbed her toes on those. Dinner in the dining room was amazing - I remember having quail, octopus, caviar and venison to name a few. We sailed from Puerto Rico, and went to Curacao, Guadeloupe, Grenada, and Caracas, Venezuela.

Britannis was truly an ocean liner, rather than a cruise ship. The differences are hard to describe, but they are real. We got real busy raising our family after that cruise, and didn't cruise again until 1998. But we did cruise again, and again, and again.

Pat

Wow artsy craftsy.....first trip and you have booked 3 beautifully long ones while onboard! Guess you can say you are more than hooked! Making up for lost time in a big way. You go girl!!

Our first was Alaska in 1993on the old westerdam...the one that had a " caesarean " where they cut it in half and put a whole big section in the middle!! Lots of rivets, and a fab trip. We got hooked,and have done many trips since. HAL is still our go to, but we are more itinerary driven now.

Nothing gives me the feeling of calm that the ocean provides....MMmmmm

Wow thinking back how much I enjoyed cruising when I was still in school. Back in days of the Fairsea, Fairwind, princess Italia, Spirit of London, to me theses were the real ships, smaller capacity. And of course Pasta & ceased salad freshly made at you table.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

July 5, 1991 SS Independance American Hawaii cruise line. It was a total eclipse cruise we took because the ship would move to find open sky and it did do that. I had no interest in cruising but my wife and a friend talked me into it. I was there mainly to be the pack mule and carry all the camera equipment and telescopes. I fell in love with cruising the second I saw the ship.

• 2 years later...
On 9/17/2017 at 6:52 PM, Stuart&John said:

Celebrity's SS Meridian, Summer 1992, Bermuda, Roundtrip out of NYC.

Hooked us for life....

Our first cruise was on the same ship!  RT NYC just like yours- 1995.    She was sold later, changed her name to Sun Vista and sank off the coast of Malaysia in May 1999.  Still have the deck plan!