Recent cruisers, I really need your help!

ekerr19

I know this sounds silly but, we're leaving soon on our cruise and even though we've been on HAL many times I have a new concern and I'm hoping someone who's been recently will help me.

DH has started going nuts when the TP unrolls from under instead of over the top of the roll. Do the cabin stewards place the TP with it rolling over or under? Do you think I could contact Ships Services and make sure they place it rolling over? I'm just so worried because DH's cruise is going to be ruined if it's rolling from under.

Thanks for your help!

That's not silly, Ekerr, I hate when its underneath as well. If memory serves me right, HAL puts it so the TP is over. I say that because I don't remember ever having to correct it, and I would be the first to do so!!!!

ROFLMAO! I sincerely hope you're joking about this one!

If your DH's trip will be ruined by this issue, PLEASE feel free to remove the roll and place it in the correct configuration by yourself.

On second thought, I think you SHOULD contact guest services with this request... I'm sure they could use a good laugh too!

TL

I just checked our pictures from our recent cruise and it appears, at least in our cabin on the O'dam, that the TP unrolled over the top -

zu-71.jpg

Of course, DW did "pre-tip" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) the cabin Stewart so she may have specified this arrangement!

:rolleyes: -dave

EKerr, I'm so with your DH on this one!!! I have the same problem and hate it when they have it rolling from under. And why should I have to turn it around? Isn't that the cabin steward's job? I mean, what is tipping for?:eek:

This may sound silly to some people, but this is a very real issue and I would get right on Ship's Services about it. There's no reason you can't have it the way you want it. You paid good money for your cruise and you deserve to have things just right.

And tell them to make those little folds to make it pointed. That's another thing that makes me crazy ... when it's just the torn off piece.

Dave...

You DW must have tipped VERY well. The photo clearly shows the steward folded it so nicely into the neat triangle edge.

;) ekerr....... :) Will it disturb your DH if the steward folds it that way. Maybe you could speak with the head housekeeper and ask if your rolls of tp could be left 'au natural'.....the way it came out of the package.

Thanks to everyone for your help! I'm pretty certain he won't want the little pointy end - so thanks Sail for pointing this out!

Do you think, (given that we've paid thousands of dollars for our cruise!) that it would be a big deal if we fax our request in? They should accomodate us right?

dave - I'm so glad you had a picture of the bathroom! This really helps make me feel better!

Thanks to everyone for your help! I'm pretty certain he won't want the little pointy end - so thanks Sail for pointing this out!

Do you think, (given that we've paid thousands of dollars for our cruise!) that it would be a big deal if we fax our request in? They should accomodate us right?

dave - I'm so glad you had a picture of the bathroom! This really helps make me feel better!

Hmmm...You REALLY want to Fax them? That could stir up a whole hornet's nest. They probably will have to call a Board of Directors meeting to determine if one cabin out of thousands can have their TP the way they want it.....

Didn't "Have it your way" used to be the slogan of a major hamburger chain in the advertising. Something about Special Orders Don't Upset Us...... Geez, if we can get our burgers cooked the way we want them, can't we get our TP placed on the roller the way we like it???

Hopefully, your special request won't upset them, too badly.

I know this sounds silly but, we're leaving soon on our cruise and even though we've been on HAL many times I have a new concern and I'm hoping someone who's been recently will help me.

DH has started going nuts when the TP unrolls from under instead of over the top of the roll. Do the cabin stewards place the TP with it rolling over or under? Do you think I could contact Ships Services and make sure they place it rolling over? I'm just so worried because DH's cruise is going to be ruined if it's rolling from under.

Thanks for your help!

*rubs eyes to make sure they're still seeing 20/20* :confused:

Doesn't it roll out the same in either direction? :confused:

Gosh, I don't see this as a "non-issue" at all! After all, it's the little things that count.

I'm with Sail ... definitely don't fax it in. Someone might see it and think you're kidding. That would not be a good thing. I would call and speak to a "live person" and explain your issue and you DH's difficulties. Certainly they can see that this is not something to be overlooked.

Your comfort and peace of mind come first. There is no reason you shouldn't have the toilet tissue placed as you want it and you should not have to take the responsibiity of turning it around yourself.

Do check with DH about the point, though, because this can get very dicey with people. Personally I like the point, but he may not. So get that settled.

My understanding is they are doing away with toilet paper rolls anyway and you are to use the facial tissues which are softer....limited to one sheet per flush though!

Now this simply exacerbates the problem. From Dave's picture I can't see any place to put the facial tissues. So how will we access them?

Brian, you want it from the bottom??? It's so difficult to unroll that way! Yet still I see it's often done this way in many hotels. That's why I so understand EKerr's DH's problem. It truly could ruin the trip and if there are others who like it the other way around, it causes even more problems for HAL. Unless they have a question in with our pre-boarding papers to get it straight right up front, I just don't see how we could avoid this becoming a more massive problem.

Brian, you could be right. A lawsuit just might be our only way out.

Good thing you brought it up, EKerr! ... I'll bet it's one of those little things that people simply either forget, or are to embarrassed, to request in advance. So, good for you!!!

I I'm just so worried because DH's cruise is going to be ruined if it's rolling from under.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for making my day. I really needed a laugh and this certanily fit the bill. :D If all I had to worry about each day was how the toilet paper came off the roll, I'd be a very happy camper.

Is that what people mean by "alternative lifestyle"?

:) -dave

Hey Dave - some people want their beds arranged as twins, and others want their beds smooshed together. Nobody judges Smooshers or Twinners and HAL accommodates them, so why not us!?!? Us 'bottom guys' have rights too, you know!!!

:eek: ;)

Where's Lawyersinlove when we need them???

:rolleyes:

I'm just so worried because DH's cruise is going to be ruined if it's rolling from under.

(tomc raises an eyebrow, rolls his eyes, mutters, "this has to be a [censored] joke," thinks about people who scrounge thru garbage dumps looking for something to eat, expresses sorrow for cruises supposedly ruined by any reason, sighs and goes back to work.)

:cool:

Hey Dave - some people want their beds arranged as twins, and others want their beds smooshed together. Nobody judges Smooshers or Twinners and HAL accommodates them, so why not us!?!? Us 'bottom guys' have rights too, you know!!!

Brian - you owe me a new keyboard! I lost a whole mouthful of coffee all over mine when I read this!! :rolleyes:

-dave

"I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way."

Brian......

You win!!! (she says as she is wiping coffee from all over the table, screen, keyboard and lap!!!:D

While you're buying Dave a new keyboard........

You should see what my screen looks like spotted with coffee!!!