ms Nieuw Amsterdam Port Everglades Sail-Away February 26, 2017

Boytjie

It is another very busy day with eight cruise ships in port today. The Nieuw Amsterdam will be at Pier 4 (starboard alongside) - a pier not often used by HAL. She is scheduled to depart at 16:00/4:00 PM ET - subject to change as always.

The webcams are at:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Also in Port Everglades are Regal Princess (2), Allure of the Seas (18), Carnival Conquest (19), Costa Deliziosa (21), Celebrity Silhouette (25), Coral Princess (26) and Freedom Of The Seas (29).

The Nieuw Amsterdam's 7-Day Eastern Caribbean itinerary:

Feb 26 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Feb 27 At Sea

Feb 28 Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos

Mar 1 San Juan, Puerto Rico

Mar 2 Philipsburg, Sint Maarten

Mar 3 At Sea

Mar 4 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Mar 5 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

C707WX.jpg

Dare I say this. The Koningsdam will be the only ship in Aruba and due to sail the same time as the Nieuw Amsterdam (5PM ATLANTIC) time, but will probably be closer to schedule than the NA. I plan to be on deck this time I have the towel, lido deck aft starboard corner.

http://portarubawebcam.com

Roy

Dare I say this. The Koningsdam will be the only ship in Aruba and due to sail the same time as the Nieuw Amsterdam (5PM ATLANTIC) time, but will probably be closer to schedule than the NA. I plan to be on deck this time I have the towel, lido deck aft starboard corner.

http://portarubawebcam.com

Roy

Just watching her arriving now, will be watching her on sail away.

Allan

I'm glad they have the SW camera pointed at the port this am instead of the marina. NA looks regal amongst all those 'pale' ships.

So in the middle of berthing they switched to the marina view - oh well!

Edited by Happily@Sea

Pearl Mist is moving up to sit in front of Regal Princess.

I wouldn't want to sit behind one of the Behemoths of the Seas - afraid they would be backing out and never see me. :eek: :D

I guess the proper term would be astern - otherwise she would be sitting behind NA and in the way of two ships. :D

Edited by Happily@Sea

Thanks for the reminder Peter.

Roy, enjoy your sail a way.

With the ship starboard, wondering if people on board will need to move to starboard side for the wave or will the ship adjust before she heads out???

With the ship starboard, wondering if people on board will need to move to starboard side for the wave or will the ship adjust before she heads out???

Nope; Capt. Robert Jan Kan will move her astern to clear her berth, then swing her around and perform a 180 in the turning basin, to line her up for the entrance channel, followed by a "normal" departure

I wonder why they put her in #21, with her normal late leaving time? It seems that #19 would be better. Now Conquest either has to wait for Allure or try to maneuver between the two.

The mind of a harbormaster; sometimes hard to get into ;) I'm sure he's got a very good explanation