Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

It does look a bit small for doing laps, but as far as size, it will be bigger than it looks. If you look at the blue areas pointed out below, the water will extend out to the edge for more shallow pool area with a ledge to sit on at the sides (you may have notices that already, but I missed it at first). I have seen pictures of loungers in the water on the edge of the pool, but not recently, so maybe that has changed.

enhance

enhance

Great post!

Awesome to see it taking shape.

How many suites are there which will have access ?

Are you going to try one of the hanging loungers`

I had my doubts with these famous designers (seemed more like a marketing tool), but I think you hit the nail on the head that these people have such attention to detail, and all are taking such pride in their work, that the Edge is shaping up to be a work of art.

Exactly, but I do want to clarify something I said. Architects & designers may in fact be visionaries who have the scope and flexibility for a major marine project, but without the labor of hundreds of highly skilled, meticulous people wielding the tools of their trades, their visions haven’t a chance of being fully realized. I salute the latter along with the former. You’ll soon be able to assess this synergy in person, and I’ll be eagerly awaiting your report. How eagerly? Well, DH keeps telling me it’s too early to lay out things to pack for our April TA:')

Exactly, but I do want to clarify something I said. Architects & designers may in fact be visionaries who have the scope and flexibility for a major marine project, but without the labor of hundreds of highly skilled, meticulous people wielding the tools of their trades, their visions haven’t a chance of being fully realized. I salute the latter along with the former. You’ll soon be able to assess this synergy in person, and I’ll be eagerly awaiting your report. How eagerly? Well, DH keeps telling me it’s too early to lay out things to pack for our April TA:')

It's never too early .....;)

For those interested... https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/ Here you can search for movements into Port Everglades - Edge is listed in their list of ships to search for - It seems that they only have scheduled through November 3rd right now - as we get closer you should be able to see when it's scheduled for

Great post!

Awesome to see it taking shape.

How many suites are there which will have access ?

Are you going to try one of the hanging loungers`

Only 176 suites (double occupancy 352 people) + people traveling with suite people in connecting staterooms so plenty of space at the pool. ;)

Actually, my observation is that many who gravitate to lounging by the pool don't necessarily go in swimming. I personally would just enjoy sitting on the edge with my feet in the pool for a few minutes to cool down.

Oh yes, I will be getting up at 0500 and placing my towel in one of those hanging loungers. ;) In reality, they look cool, but not that comfortable to me. I also don't think I would be able to get into one gracefully. :D

The design is interesting in that there is this wide underwater shallow area, as seen below. I guess that would be where you would put loungers in the water, but I still can't find one of those early pictures. This picture gives an idea of what is underwater. It is a beautiful pool, IMO.

enhance

enhance

For those interested... https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/ Here you can search for movements into Port Everglades - Edge is listed in their list of ships to search for - It seems that they only have scheduled through November 3rd right now - as we get closer you should be able to see when it's scheduled for

Thanks!

Not sure which type you have, but this is labeled as inside 09.

enhance

So, in this configuration, it does not look like there is much space to separate the beds, which I always look at since I usually travel with a friend. You can't move the nightstand by the closet, because then you would block the closet. If you move the nightstand between the sofa and bed to between the two beds to separate them, it looks like the end of the bed will run into the sliding vanity table. So, I guess that means the vanity table needs to slide in at least partially, if not all the way to be able to navigate around the bed. That means loss of valuable counter space.

That's great that you have found you really like the money-saving option. Unfortunately for us, each step up has been a one-way trip: inside to veranda to suite. :eek:

We just look at the price difference and then decide what could we spend the extra money on, excursions, dining, shopping on the islands, etc. If Celebrity only made the price jump to ocean view and above smaller we could justify it in our minds when they give you the choice of two free perks.

It also helped that our concierge experience on Disney was underwhelming the two times we did it and it’s only the two of us now in a room.

You could be right. I am just guessing that they are not the main seating for the SS balconies, because I think there would be major push back from people, many of whom paid $12 grand for those suites. Of course, maybe that is why the media wasn't allowed to view a suite. :D

Also, thinking back at SS on S Class, they generally have the same reclining chair and footstools as non-suite cabins (not upgraded until CS, when there is nicer furniture).

If those are the deck chairs, the Retreat sundeck will be hopping! :D

I've got a feeling that the Media were not allowed to view the suites because X made statements that the beds in all the Sky suites faced the ocean. We have seen different renderings of the Sky suites which do not support this claim. Perhaps X didn’t want that info made public at this time..? 😉

It does look a bit small for doing laps, but as far as size, it will be bigger than it looks. If you look at the blue areas pointed out below, the water will extend out to the edge for more shallow pool area with a ledge to sit on at the sides (you may have notices that already, but I missed it at first). I have seen pictures of loungers in the water on the edge of the pool, but not recently, so maybe that has changed.

enhance

enhance

The loungers were depicted in the Solarium pool.

I've got a feeling that the Media were not allowed to view the suites because X made statements that the beds in all the Sky suites faced the ocean. We have seen different renderings of the Sky suites which do not support this claim. Perhaps X didn’t want that info made public at this time..? 😉

I thought that too but all they needed to show was one SS and I’m guessing some are facing the ocean???

I thought I remembered them in the Retreat pool way back when I first booked a suite. I remember making a comment about getting my chair hog towel wet, but could have been a dream. ;)

The loungers are also depicted in the main pool on the Resort Deck. 😊

Another translated quote (bolding mine):

"The completion work will therefore continue until delivery on October 31 and beyond. The Celebrity Edge must indeed leave Saint-Nazaire on November 6th and will not start its first cruises before the end of this self (?meant to say month - ? translation error). This leaves time to finish the different spaces, to arrange and decorate, then the crew to practice before the arrival of the first passengers."

The original is avant la fin de ce même moi. The last word should be mois, meaning month. US newspapers are full of typos these days, and apparently proof-reading is a lost skill on the other side of the pond too! ;)

I am quite sure that some of the Sky suite beds face the ocean, but which ones..?

I don't think we'll know until November, but these layouts (not from X site) make me wonder if at least the S2's and port/starboard S1's (the S1 layout is for the aft S1's) have a bed that faces the ocean. Who knows? I'm not betting anything on this one...:D

enhance

Exactly!

i've got a feeling that the media were not allowed to view the suites because x made statements that the beds in all the sky suites faced the ocean. we have seen different renderings of the sky suites which do not support this claim. Perhaps x didn’t want that info made public at this time..? 😉

Great photos per usual, Lloyd. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing Edge’s full complement of night lighting. Clearly Celebrity wants this newbuild “noticed” and photographed day and night. No doubt the decision to add so much lighting is influenced by what they consider to be prime for “Instagramming” and the free advertising such distribution on social media channels will bring.

I don't think we'll know until November, but these layouts (not from X site) make me wonder if at least the S2's and port/starboard S1's (the S1 layout is for the aft S1's) have a bed that faces the ocean. Who knows? I'm not betting anything on this one...:D

enhance

I wonder bout the accessible sky suite ??