On Board Booking Promise ??

roger b

Having booked an on board cruise I was promised that any time up until sail date I would be entitled to any price reduction or free perk that was offered in any new promotion,Oceania are now offering free gratuities on my cruise.

I have asked my travel agent to apply this to my booking and have been told that since the cabin class that I am in is full they cannot give this perk yet the offer is for all cats and it is not even time for final payment.

Having booked an on board cruise I was promised that any time up until sail date I would be entitled to any price reduction or free perk that was offered in any new promotion,Oceania are now offering free gratuities on my cruise.

I have asked my travel agent to apply this to my booking and have been told that since the cabin class that I am in is full they cannot give this perk yet the offer is for all cats and it is not even time for final payment.

Sounds like you ARE entitled to the perk......change cabins and you've got it ;)

OP-ask your TA to pursue this with O reps.

Our TA sometimes gets answers from O office he doesn't like, so he simply pursues it up the management chain until he arrives at someone who can make decisions or has the info he is seeking.

It probably helps that the TA & agency is in O's Connoisseur Club.

...I was promised that any time up until sail date I would be entitled to any price reduction...

I was always under the impression that once final payment is made, we are no longer eligible for any subsequent reduction in price (rare as that would be under the best of circumstances). Is that incorrect?

reading the letter from O when booking onboard the Best Price Guarantee says up to sailing date you will get the new deal

You should not have to book a different cat if the promotion is listed in the new price/perks

so many cabins will be sold out by then

Your TA should call an O club manager at O & include a copy of the letter

It is not the same as booking prior then trying to get the better deal once onboard if that CAT is available

The TAs have regional O reps they deal with for everyday affairs. On issues, such as defined by the OP, she calls their manager and typically gets fast resolution of the issue. The OP’s TA needs to make a phone call, or send an email, another step up the chain.

The TAs have regional O reps they deal with for everyday affairs. On issues, such as defined by the OP, she calls their manager and typically gets fast resolution of the issue. The OP’s TA needs to make a phone call, or send an email, another step up the chain.

I have gone down this route and this the reply that came back from Oceania ;

Please also note that Mr and Mrs B are bound by the Best Price Guarantee on this sailing as this was booked on-board. Please note that under this promotion the guests can move to a new promotion when released providing that their grade of stateroom is still available, unfortunately in this instance the grade of stateroom that the guests are booked into (A3 Concierge Veranda) is unavailable so we cannot move them to the new promotion.

What all we regular O sailors need to do is to nail the O Cruise Ambassadors, aboard ship, during their sales presentations, and force them to clarify this Policy. I believe it is unconscionable for those Ambassadors to stand up and intentionally mislead ( often called lie) about this low price guarantee. I plan on guestioning them on it, in front of all, during my next cruise. Others here should follow suit.

The Ssles Ambassadors need to both explain the Policy and any exceptions to the Policy!

What all we regular O sailors need to do is to nail the O Cruise Ambassadors, aboard ship, during their sales presentations, and force them to clarify this Policy. I believe it is unconscionable for those Ambassadors to stand up and intentionally mislead ( often called lie) about this low price guarantee. I plan on guestioning them on it, in front of all, during my next cruise. Others here should follow suit.

The Ssles Ambassadors need to both explain the Policy and any exceptions to the Policy!

+1 -- no better than a Used Car Sales Person!!

When I specifically asked at the desk on our last cruise -- she said -- it is "obviously evident" that if your category is sold out that you would not get a price match.. Obviously evident that there us sawdust in the transmission of the car you sold me.

Edited by PaulMCO

I agree... this is a problem that a good dialed in agent can solve... I have seen all sorts of stuff happen right up to a day or so before sailing. A good agent is the ticket...

Dan;

As Paul points out, if Oceania Ambassadors want to stand before their cruisers and tout this on board booking advantage , they need to prepare themselves to be called out as untruthful ( liar) during their presentation if they don’t discuss the exclusions.

Oceania can institute any policy they choose. They can’t however make false claims and false innuendoes and hide behind Liberian registry. They need to adhere to their advertising and promotions, or suffer from cruisers calling them out on their false claims .

Dan;

Oceania can institute any policy they choose. They can’t however make false claims and false innuendoes and hide behind Liberian registry. They need to adhere to their advertising and promotions, or suffer from cruisers calling them out on their false claims .

Registry is Majuro, not Liberia.

reading the letter from O when booking onboard the Best Price Guarantee says up to sailing date you will get the new deal

You should not have to book a different cat if the promotion is listed in the new price/perks

so many cabins will be sold out by then

Your TA should call an O club manager at O & include a copy of the letter

It is not the same as booking prior then trying to get the better deal once onboard if that CAT is available

Well my cause has now been escalated to a higher level of management lets hope for a positive outcome!!

Registry is Majuro, not Liberia.

Registry for the ships has nothing to do with where the company is incorporated and that is Panama for Regent, and PCH; not sure about NCL or NCLH but, they have to abide by Panamanian law where the company is incorporated and not where the ships are registered.

I just experienced the same. A cruise we booked while on board significantly decreased ($800 total) in price. I called my TA and he told me that since there were no other cabins available in my booked category O wouldn’t honor the price. To get any benefit we’d have to go with a higher grade cabin so we did. Expecting to get a cash refund on the balance I was told no, it would be as non-refundable OBC.

I feel a bit snookered, that this isn’t a “low price guarantee” but a bait and switch gimmick.

finally I got in to see the O club ambassador

He said if the price drops & there is still availability in your cabin cat that you booked they will give you the deal

So if you book a B2 & the price drops for that cat & they still have B2 cabins available you will get the price match

Seems like misleading info on the onboard booking deal

I’ll call the Ambassador on the subject on my next cruise, as he/she is pushing the “ low price guarantee “. Make them explain the exceptions before the masses in their presentation.

It may be fun watching them squirm and backtrack!

I thought there always was that category availability requirement.

Hmmm. I know that was on the "5%" off if you already had a booking AND there was availability they would still give the discount if requested while on board. So the requirement is not new but the application might be. I have not much paid attention since they went to the "save (up to) $100 on this cruise and save (up to) $300 on that cruise" on board promotions.

I’ll call the Ambassador on the subject on my next cruise, as he/she is pushing the “ low price guarantee “. Make them explain the exceptions before the masses in their presentation.

It may be fun watching them squirm and backtrack!

Oceania FINALLY came up trumps !!! After three weeks of backwards and forwards , I had to go back to them three or four times as they kept moving the goal posts , I twice accepted a new decreased price offer only to be told sorry that offer has been taken and is no longer available.

My agent finally got them to give me the substantial discount and not moving to a new category , So be persistent and get a good agent. All Hail to Oceania Cruises !!!