Queen Elizabeth-Champagne

4lin

Can anyone tell me if it is cheaper to order champagne before embarkation or to wait till at sea? It'll be our Anniversary on the 3rd night at sea en route to the Canaries in November and we'd like a bottle brought to our table.

Can anyone tell me if it is cheaper to order champagne before embarkation or to wait till at sea? It'll be our Anniversary on the 3rd night at sea en route to the Canaries in November and we'd like a bottle brought to our table.

The cheapest option is to take a bottle with you and pay corkage.

If it helps, Veuve Clicquot Rosé was $95 and Veuve Clicquot Demi-Sec was $10 cheaper. Both subject to the usual [non removable] 15% service charge

Unless you want to feel the occasion is more special because you are drinking champagne I would suggest their English Chapel Down sparkling wine.

It was recommended to us by one of the bar waiters on QM2 and we thoroughly enjoyed it and suggest you wouldn't notice the difference. Slightly different from Veuve Clicquot which we really like but very similar to other champagnes and definitely cheaper.

As mentioned, bringing your own and paying corkage would be even more cost effective but perhaps if it is a special occasion cost doesn't matter.

Del

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'll see what our budget will stand nearer the time then decide which option to go with. I did wonder if ordering before or after setting sail would be affected by duty free/tax.