Zaandam Thermal Pool

Nancy&Frank

The S- and R- Class ships, of which the Zaandam is a member has a thermal pool that is nothing more than a hot tub. It is nothing like the Hydrotherapy Pool that is available on the Vista, Signature, and Pinnacle Class ships. The Thermal Suite is much the same on the S- and R- Class ships as the others. (Men's Locker Room is much smaller, however.) But, the other features of this Greenhouse Spa are available.

I booked the Thermal Suite Greenhouse Spa on the Rotterdam, expecting that the hot tub would be bubbly, bubbly such as I enjoyed on the Vista and Signature Class ships. This is what the Attendant told me I would expect. I surely didn't and won't waste any more money booking this amenity on these Classes of ship. Use it for a "free" one day pass as a result of Mariner status: yes, I will. Pay for it? No!

The S- and R- Class ships, of which the Zaandam is a member has a thermal pool that is nothing more than a hot tub.....I booked the Thermal Suite Greenhouse Spa on the Rotterdam, expecting that the hot tub would be bubbly, bubbly such as I enjoyed on the Vista and Signature Class ships. This is what the Attendant told me I would expect. I surely didn't and won't waste any more money booking this amenity on these Classes of ship. Use it for a "free" one day pass as a result of Mariner status: yes, I will. Pay for it? No!

Thanks for your quick response

The S- and R- Class ships, of which the Zaandam is a member has a thermal pool that is nothing more than a hot tub. It is nothing like the Hydrotherapy Pool that is available on the Vista, Signature, and Pinnacle Class ships. The Thermal Suite is much the same on the S- and R- Class ships as the others. (Men's Locker Room is much smaller, however.) But, the other features of this Greenhouse Spa are available.

I booked the Thermal Suite Greenhouse Spa on the Rotterdam, expecting that the hot tub would be bubbly, bubbly such as I enjoyed on the Vista and Signature Class ships. This is what the Attendant told me I would expect. I surely didn't and won't waste any more money booking this amenity on these Classes of ship. Use it for a "free" one day pass as a result of Mariner status: yes, I will. Pay for it? No!

We always get a spa pass on the Vistas, but not on the smaller ships because of the lack of the thermal pool. Without that, it isn't worth the cost for us.

If the setup on the Zaandam is anything like it was on the Ryndam, I'd also pass because the hot tub is in the room with the heated loungers, and if you get a couple of chatty Cathies in the hot tub, the chairs become much less relaxing.