Queen Elizabeth beds - anyone bought?

cruiseluvva

We have been trying to find a bed we are truly comfortable with for ages, we both have back problems, my husband especially so, following extensive spinal surgery.

We are thinking about buying one of the Sealy Cunarder beds as used on QE, but can't remember if they were nice and firm - though we do remember ours was very comfortable.

Having wasted thousands of pounds in recent years, on beds that ended up too soft, we are anxious to "get it right" this time, so has anyone bought one of the Cunarder beds? Or can anyone that has travelled on the QE recently confirm that the beds are indeed nice and firm?

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

Terribly sorry. Wish I could have been of help. Best of luck.

Edited to add: are they really being sold as "Cunarder Beds"? Must be very popular with "Cunardists":D

Edited by Salacia

The sales page on the Cunard site does say the mattresses are exactly the same as those on board. The link in your link - if that makes sense- is to a page that has been removed unfortunately.
Hi Gill, the link kindly offered by Salacia worked for me, took me to a page with two posts ;) :) .

(I said, on that page (in case it still doesn't open for you) "One thing to keep in mind, whenever you find a mattress on a ship or in an hotel, the fire regulations are much tighter for commercial uses than for domestic, therefore there is rarely little crossover between the two worlds. Contract mattresses are built differently to retail ones. A friend works in the industry and has explained that these regulations/construction standards can seriously alter the feel, support and comfort of the mattress")

ie, just because some clever salesman/website says "oh yes, these are the same as..." don't believe a word of it. Try for yourself. I too have suffered from back/sleep problems (but not, thankfully, surgery. Sorry to read about that) and found suppliers that would allow me to change the mattress within a fixed time, or to trial a mattress at home.

I wish you the very best of luck with finding the correct mattress :) ,

All good wishes.

Edited by pepperrn

We have been trying to find a bed we are truly comfortable with for ages, we both have back problems, my husband especially so, following extensive spinal surgery.

We are thinking about buying one of the Sealy Cunarder beds as used on QE, but can't remember if they were nice and firm - though we do remember ours was very comfortable.

Having wasted thousands of pounds in recent years, on beds that ended up too soft, we are anxious to "get it right" this time, so has anyone bought one of the Cunarder beds? Or can anyone that has travelled on the QE recently confirm that the beds are indeed nice and firm?

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

Hi cruiseluvva

I bought a bed through Sealy and the CWC website about 2 years ago. Yes it does appear to be firm and as comfortable as the ones on QM2 and QV, I have not sailed on QE yet.

The mattress is non reversable but you do turn it once a month.

The link to purchase is below

http://www.sealy.co.uk/gps/cunard/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2

Thank you, just what I was hoping to read. Cunard themselves and Sealy do say it's EXACTLY the same as onboard and we did sleep supremely well.

My husband's mantra is "it's only money" so here goes nothing :eek::eek::eek:

We purchased one as on board the QE matresses appeared firmer and better than those offered by the QV and QM2.

We've used it since Jan 13 and recently went on the QE and do not feel it's quite as firm as the one on the ship. Perhaps, as mentioned above it is to do with being classed as an "industrial" mattress rather than domestic. I personally feel it's slightly softer than on board and honestly wish it was a bit firmer. It does have a pillow top style which may be the reason I feel it's softer - I can't really put my finger on it, but it's definitely not in the league of those on board in either the Britannia Balcony or Princess Grill cabins we've tried on the QE.

We purchased one as on board the QE matresses appeared firmer and better than those offered by the QV and QM2.

We've used it since Jan 13 and recently went on the QE and do not feel it's quite as firm as the one on the ship. Perhaps, as mentioned above it is to do with being classed as an "industrial" mattress rather than domestic. I personally feel it's slightly softer than on board and honestly wish it was a bit firmer. It does have a pillow top style which may be the reason I feel it's softer - I can't really put my finger on it, but it's definitely not in the league of those on board in either the Britannia Balcony or Princess Grill cabins we've tried on the QE.

I have not had the opportunity to sail on QE however my bed feels as comfortable as those on QM2 and QV all be it that I miss the rocking motion :D

Thank you, just what I was hoping to read. Cunard themselves and Sealy do say it's EXACTLY the same as onboard and we did sleep supremely well.

My husband's mantra is "it's only money" so here goes nothing :eek::eek::eek:

Cruiseluvva:

If my husband had that mantra, I would be on the QE right now sleeping on their mattress!:D

I hope you get the sleep of your dreams on your new bed as you already have the husband of most women's dreams.;)

May the both of you have a wonderful day.

best regards,

seasidegal

Ah, so the beds in the Grills were slightly different to the other cabins??? We were in QG so maybe what is being sold isn't the same as we slept on. In that case, we may delay and look around (even) more.

Re y husband's mantra,much as love him for it, he can sometimes be a teeny bit quick to spend now, when we maybe should wait a little!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I know I am resurrecting an old thread but just returned from QE and in need of a new bed. Tempted by the advertising for the King Size Sealy Cunarder divan but price seems a little but too good to be true.

https://shop.sealy.co.uk/cunard/

Could anyone who has purchased the bed or mattress please let me know whether they were pleased or disappointed. Thank you