Navigator not departing today

Sheltieluv

Cwn, there are several news channels: msnbc, cnbc, BBC, fox, sky news. Our suite attendant told us that there is a choice of over 100 movies, so hopefully you'll find something to your liking. There are also some tv series available, 3 music channels, and Smithsonian documentaries.

• 2 weeks later...
The Navigator handled rough(~15' to ~18') seas well in the Bay of St. Lawrence on our cruise 3 years ago. The apparent wind speed over the deck was ~75 knots(60 knot winds directly on the bow + 15 knots of forward boat speed). An important factor is the direction of the seas relative to the heading of the ship. In our case we were heading directly into the weather. Our cabin was 616. We just took a nap during the worst of it. Any ship will roll if the seas are on the beam.

Just wanted to clarify things as some give the Navigator a bad rap. A big the ship is not always the answer. Design stability and center of gravity are also key.

We have 618 booked for a 21 night cruise January 2019 and just wondered how you found the suite. I know it has since been refurbished, but there are lots of reviews for the higher suites, but not much on the lower grades. As our flights [yes two of between 10 & 12 hours] we sacrificed a balcony for business class flights.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

You'll be very comfortable in your suite. The soft furnishings are very nicely done in soothing colors. We were onboard for 15 nights and had plenty of storage. The bed was amazingly comfortable. I did ask our attendant to replace the duvet with a regular sheet and blanket. (I hated to make extra work for her, but don't like duvets). I know that some people missed the cabinets next to the tv that were removed during the refurbishment, but I felt that the suite looked much more "open" with them gone. The couch and chair were comfortable as well.

I totally understand your forgoing the balcony in order to balance the cost of business class, especially with flights that lengthy! We like having a balcony, but didn't use it all that much this time. Guess we were too busy meeting people up on the pool deck!

I hope you have a wonderful time!

When I saw the subject of this thread come up today I thought that the Navigator (that we are currently looking at - docked near the Mariner) was going to be stuck in port. Thankfully that is not the case. Unfortunately we can't visit the ship due to their Code Red status. Sometimes traveling this time of the year can be a challenge since so many people are sick.

You'll be very comfortable in your suite. The soft furnishings are very nicely done in soothing colors. We were onboard for 15 nights and had plenty of storage. The bed was amazingly comfortable. I did ask our attendant to replace the duvet with a regular sheet and blanket. (I hated to make extra work for her, but don't like duvets). I know that some people missed the cabinets next to the tv that were removed during the refurbishment, but I felt that the suite looked much more "open" with them gone. The couch and chair were comfortable as well.

I totally understand your forgoing the balcony in order to balance the cost of business class, especially with flights that lengthy! We like having a balcony, but didn't use it all that much this time. Guess we were too busy meeting people up on the pool deck!

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Thank you for your speedy reply. Even though our cruise is so far away, we are researching the ports and other things on offer. Only today I have read about cooking classes offered on some cruises, this would definitely interest me.

I have just noticed that my comment about flights should have said that those two flights were just on the return leg, we have an eleven hour flight to board too, but it is a means to an end to have a wonderful cruise.

Suites 616 & 618 do not have verandas and are on the port side of the ship. Our cruise was in late October from NYC to Montreal. Thus, the port side faced the USA and allowed land views vs. open ocean. As expected the temps were often nippy, so the balcony would not have been very balmy. Friends on the starboard side virtually across the hall paid ~$300/night more than us and only used their balcony a few times. Part of the cost differential was due to our upgrade from an H GTY.