Could those who have been to Ghana with Regent help me please.

1982CruzStart

We have a cruise booked with Regent - Lisbon to Cape Town for 2018. One of the stops is Ghana that requires a visa and according to the info I have found requires a yellow fever vaccine certificate to get the visa. My DH can not take the vaccine. I am wondering if there is anyone on this board that has gotten a visa using an official signed waiver?

I am investigating other avenues to get an answer but it is always good to have first hand experience. I have also posted on the Africa board.

Thanks in advance to everyone that can shed some light on this issue for me.

We visited Ghana in 2014 but on board another cruise line. The cruise line obtained the visas for us on board the ship. I would think Regent does the same thing but hopefully someone can confirm that for you. As requirements are always changing I would have your TA followup with Regent to confirm how it will work on your cruise. We didn't need a yellow fever vaccination.

Keith

My son worked for a GMO on Ghana for awhile. He definitely had to have his yellow fever vaccination certificate to get a visa. There may be exceptions, but I️ think this is a situation where a travel agent is going to be really helpful.

Sorry for the random punctuation. My iPad has been infected with a virus.

You are very welcome.

Please let us know what the TA learns.

Keith

Hi Keith

Heard back from my TA and essentially Regent said it was too early for them to send out information on visas and vaccinations. As well she provided me with a link to the CDC website that told me what i already knew. i guess i will just wait and see what Regent sends out in the future.

Hi Keith

Heard back from my TA and essentially Regent said it was too early for them to send out information on visas and vaccinations. As well she provided me with a link to the CDC website that told me what i already knew. i guess i will just wait and see what Regent sends out in the future.

Thank you for sharing what you learned. Once again hoping this all works out well for you both.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Please be advised that Regent Seven Seas Cruises does offer a transit visa for Ghana. This visa is available for US and Canadian citizens and may also be available to other nationalities. You may arrange and process this visa on board and it will not require a yellow fever certificate.

We have a cruise booked with Regent - Lisbon to Cape Town for 2018. One of the stops is Ghana that requires a visa and according to the info I have found requires a yellow fever vaccine certificate to get the visa. My DH can not take the vaccine. I am wondering if there is anyone on this board that has gotten a visa using an official signed waiver?

I am investigating other avenues to get an answer but it is always good to have first hand experience. I have also posted on the Africa board.

Thanks in advance to everyone that can shed some light on this issue for me.

Hello. Please be advised that Regent Seven Seas Cruises does offer a transit visa for Ghana. This visa is available for US and Canadian citizens and may also be available to other nationalities. You may arrange and process this visa on board and it will not require a yellow fever certificate.

Thank you so much for posting this great piece of news. I was quite concerned that we may have to cancel this cruise because of Ghana and because of my DH's health it will be almost 2 years of non travel up to this cruise. I can rest easy now that at least this issue won't stand in our way.