Coco Cay Sharks & Stingray's

Teachmath1

I was at Coco Cay on July 8th and we saw 5 sharks and 2 stingrays. When we walked in we made a right and walked 10 minutes to an area that was less crowded. The sharks and stingrays left everyone alone despite people swimming towards them. They all seemed use to being around humans and left everyone alone. It was a really weird experience because you would think your initial reaction would be to jump out of the water but no one did. I only wish I had my GoPro to film it. It was a really great experience.

Braver than I am. I was at Great Stirrup Cay, which is right next to Coco Cay. Saw a baby barracuda and that was about it. Any pictures?

I had left my phone on the ship so I didn't get any pictures. 2 or 3 people were filming and said they would upload the videos to youtube. I hope I can find one of those.

• 4 months later...

I am going in summer of next year and am really crossing my fingers that there are sharks there. I am hoping to see some on the shore dive. The last time I did the shore dive quite a few years back I saw an adult hammerhead. Best experience of my life and apparently very, very rare there. So I consider myself extremely lucky. If you see reef/lemon/nurse sharks and rays there, enjoy them! I am doing the Nassau shark dive when in port so no matter what I plan to see them! Exhilarating experience.