shuttle bus service to pattaya

el barco

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a shuttle bus service from Laemchabang to Pattaya. We are on Celebrity constellation in port from 07.00 am 28 Feb to 1st of March, 18.00pm. We dont know how easy it is to get back and to to Pattaya, or is it worth taking an hotel overnight there? How far is it away?

Thanks

Sylvia

When you get off haggle with the taxi drivers they will all try and get a group to take and make more money

When I went the roads were gridlocked because of a fireworks display so have no idea how long it should take

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I remember correctly, the ride from Laem Chabang to Pattaya was about 40 minutes. I don't believe there was a shuttle service in port. We hired a van in port for the five of us for the half day and went to Sanctuary of Truth and Pattaya Beach.

At the Laem Chabang Cruise Terminal, there is a service desk just inside the main entrance.

Next to that desk is a poster, listing taxis and vans that take you to several locations, including Pattaya. On that poster are the prices for all the various options; groups, individuals, one-way, round-trip, etc.

The prices are quite reasonable. No haggling required. You speak to the hostess at the desk, tell her what you want, pay the fee, and she takes care of the rest.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a shuttle bus service from Laemchabang to Pattaya. We are on Celebrity constellation in port from 07.00 am 28 Feb to 1st of March, 18.00pm. We dont know how easy it is to get back and to to Pattaya, or is it worth taking an hotel overnight there? How far is it away?

Thanks

Sylvia

We were there on Princess in Dec (2016) who had a inexpensive shuttle.

Back there again later that month on Celebrity who did NOT,they only want to sell you an expensive tour.

Depends where you dock (not always the cruise terminal ) how many Taxi there will be and cost

• 1 month later...

We prebooked a car to take us to Pattaya ( can't remember which company but found it on Google) where we stayed overnight in a hotel. It wasn't expensive and we found it better than braving the taxi cartel at the port

• 7 months later...
At the Laem Chabang Cruise Terminal, there is a service desk just inside the main entrance.

Next to that desk is a poster, listing taxis and vans that take you to several locations, including Pattaya. On that poster are the prices for all the various options; groups, individuals, one-way, round-trip, etc.

The prices are quite reasonable. No haggling required. You speak to the hostess at the desk, tell her what you want, pay the fee, and she takes care of the rest.

Thank you for the info!:D

Do you know if they take USD or Baht?

Are there money exchanges inside this terminal?

I am wondering how long the taxis hang around if we wanted to go into Pattaya later

around noon or so?

thanks again-

Donnakg

We prebooked a car to take us to Pattaya ( can't remember which company but found it on Google) where we stayed overnight in a hotel. It wasn't expensive and we found it better than braving the taxi cartel at the port

Thank you... SUeKay

I have contacted a taxis service and we were told they are not allowed to pick up/return to the port anymore??

keep looking? , I guess....:confused:

If you find out the company you used that would be a great help!

Donnakg

We used http://www.pttaxiservice.com. It cost 700 baht each way from the port to downtown (2014) and the driver arrived early for each journey. I'd certainly use them again, but it's a bit disconcerting to hear taxis can no longer enter the port.

BTW are you aware that Uber operate in Pattaya? I would imagine that they too have difficulty entering the port given the strength of the "taxi mafia" but in that case I'd walk out of the port and meet them on the road.

Pattaya is extremely seedy. From our perspective it has no redeeming qualities.

We spent two one week visits at a resort near Pattaya and we seldom took the shuttle into town.

About the only reason we go to Phuket now is to fly in and catch the ferry to Ko Lanta or Kho Lipe.

• 1 month later...
We used http://www.pttaxiservice.com. It cost 700 baht each way from the port to downtown (2014) and the driver arrived early for each journey. I'd certainly use them again, but it's a bit disconcerting to hear taxis can no longer enter the port.

BTW are you aware that Uber operate in Pattaya? I would imagine that they too have difficulty entering the port given the strength of the "taxi mafia" but in that case I'd walk out of the port and meet them on the road.

I have booked a van for a trip from the Laem Chabang port to Pattaya and then return in January. Their confirmation e-mail said

Please note price quoted does not include port entry charges which may be incurred

Do you know what this additional cost would be? How far is it to walk to the gates, if even doable?

Thanks

Betty

I have booked a van for a trip from the Laem Chabang port to Pattaya and then return in January. Their confirmation e-mail said

Please note price quoted does not include port entry charges which may be incurred

Do you know what this additional cost would be? How far is it to walk to the gates, if even doable?

Thanks

Betty

One local company seems to have the monopoly for all transport arrangements in the port of Laem Chabang. They operate from a service desk as soon as you disembark the ship. They supply taxis and vans in to Pattaya which would be about a 30 minute drive. It is possible to walk to the harbour gate which is about 200 metres and there may be private transport operators lurking outside the port compound. Any operator wanting to collect cruise passengers from inside the port will almost certainly be charged an entry fee which will be passed on to their passengers.

One local company seems to have the monopoly for all transport arrangements in the port of Laem Chabang. They operate from a service desk as soon as you disembark the ship. They supply taxis and vans in to Pattaya which would be about a 30 minute drive. It is possible to walk to the harbour gate which is about 200 metres and there may be private transport operators lurking outside the port compound. Any operator wanting to collect cruise passengers from inside the port will almost certainly be charged an entry fee which will be passed on to their passengers.

Thanks Zowie57. 200 meters sounds like a 5 minute walk yet the tour company said "The port gates are quite a long walk from the ship."

Depends whether they will be meeting you at the port gate or on the main road at the end of the road into the port.

The port gate is reasonably close.

Google map shows it as about 500m to the main road.

From memory it would not be any closer than that.

Thanks for the details. Is this the gate entrance to the port area?

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/place/Laem+Chabang+port+Cruise+Center+Terminal+A-1/@13.071151,100.8944644,154m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x3102b97c91579b4f:0xc5e559215811fc35!8m2!3d13.0704142!4d100.8944966?hl=en

Or is it way back further? I can't see any type of security gate further down that long road.

Thanks

Betty

Thanks for the details. Is this the gate entrance to the port area?

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/place/Laem+Chabang+port+Cruise+Center+Terminal+A-1/@13.071151,100.8944644,154m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x3102b97c91579b4f:0xc5e559215811fc35!8m2!3d13.0704142!4d100.8944966?hl=en

Or is it way back further? I can't see any type of security gate further down that long road.

Thanks

Betty

Yes Betty the close gate is the one I was referring to. There may or may not be private taxis waiting there who don't have full port authorisation. If you return from Pattaya in a taxi that same gate is where they will drop you off.