Review: MS Zaandam 8/13/17 plus Anchorage/Denali land tour

steamboats

I just started my review with my first installment. It will take a couple of days until I´m finished as it´s been a long trip in total.

The review is in German but there are a lot of photos and usually google translate works pretty well to get the basic meaning. I start out with a picture review of the ship - MS Zaandam. The trip started in Anchorage with the land tour to McKinley Chalet Resort. We boarded the ship in Seward - Glacier Bay National Park - Haines - Juneau - Ketchikan - Vancouver and added a couple of days Seattle.

steamboats

Steamboats

Appreciate your in depth information and beautiful photos. We've done 2 cruises on her and so enjoyed them. When she was in San Diego our hometown we did Sea of Cortez and a Hawaii cruise!

Looks like we might be on her again after her South American cruise finishes in April 2019. A good possibility she'll be doing TA to the Med.

I look forward to more photos and reviews!

Thanks,

Denise:)

So in the meantime I´ve added the cabin and the day 1 of our trip (o.k., that´s basically the 10 hour flight to Anchorage, not too interesting for you). Today continues with day 2 and a trip with a rental car along the Turnagain Arm to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center and a short hike on the Byron Glacier Trail. After that we´ve joined the cruise tour with HAL using the transfer from the airport to the Westmark Hotel (photos of our room are included) and ending our day at Simon & Seafort´s Bar and Grill.

I´m working on new installments almost daily and this will be a very long review (when finished). But sorting more than 2,500 photos and finishing a new blog entry is a little time consuming. So be patient. I try to get a new entry online daily (until I´m finished).

steamboats