Recommended Cabin Numbers on Deck 6 (Cat. D)?

Lrorogers

Hi folks,

My husband and I are in the process of booking the PG - July 18, 2018 cruise (10 nights).

This is our first time on this ship, so any suggestions are appreciated.

Just wondering if you have any recommended specific Cabin numbers (rooms) on Deck 6 - Cat. D (i.e. Is there a better side of the ship to be on? Larger configuration? Slightly bigger balcony? Unobstructed view, etc.). An explanation of the recommendation is much appreciated.

Many thanks!

625 and 626 are good if you like a bit less roll. Bring close to midships is a bit more stable and as mentioned more central to the rest of the ship. The trade off being a bit more noise in the morning when they drop the tenders. This usually isn't until after 7:00 am. The location close to the elevators is also nice.

625 and 626 are good if you like a bit less roll. Bring close to midships is a bit more stable and as mentioned more central to the rest of the ship. The trade off being a bit more noise in the morning when they drop the tenders. This usually isn't until after 7:00 am. The location close to the elevators is also nice.

Thanks very much for the reflections! :)

It doesn't matter what side of the ship you're on since on almost all islands the ship is anchored, not docked. That means it swings around during the day. I guess there are specific moments in the cruise when being on one side or the other might be better, but since we book a Window on deck 4, we do our watching up on the pool deck.

The deck 6 balconies are the same physical size as as the window and porthole cabins. They originally were window cabins. The deck 7 balconies are a titch bigger I believe, but not noticeably. Even the deck 8 B cabins are only about a foot wider overall, and the bathrooms are the same.

We have always booked windows except for once when we got a good deal in a B upsell. We do not miss a balcony on this ship at all. As I said, most "action" is out on the pool deck, or aft outside La Palette, or off the ship of course.

It doesn't matter what side of the ship you're on since on almost all islands the ship is anchored, not docked. That means it swings around during the day. I guess there are specific moments in the cruise when being on one side or the other might be better, but since we book a Window on deck 4, we do our watching up on the pool deck.

The deck 6 balconies are the same physical size as as the window and porthole cabins. They originally were window cabins. The deck 7 balconies are a titch bigger I believe, but not noticeably. Even the deck 8 B cabins are only about a foot wider overall, and the bathrooms are the same.

We have always booked windows except for once when we got a good deal in a B upsell. We do not miss a balcony on this ship at all. As I said, most "action" is out on the pool deck, or aft outside La Palette, or off the ship of course.

Thanks Wendy, very informative! :)

Hello FlightMedic and Twin!

Thanks so much for the advice. Given that this is our first PG cruise and we are celebrating two milestones, we have opted to splurge a little more for a balcony.

We have been assigned room 610 at this point (we were told that it is the closest one to mid ship on Deck 6 at this point). I (on rare occasion) sometimes feel a little claustrophobic and so having the option to step outside onto (an albeit small) balcony in our room is a great option. Of course, we will also enjoy the many features/decks that the ship offers.

I am sure that my husband and I will LOVE this PG cruise and am thrilled that we have finally booked! Now I am looking into the pre and post part of our trip. Thank you again so much FlightMedic for your sound advice about Tahiti and Moorea, I am now in the process of booking the rest of our itinerary!

I will be back to read both TRs and other threads, and ask questions on this forum as we make decisions about this exciting trip.

Many thanks to all for your kind suggestions and advice!

:) Lisa

The trip will be spectacular. We are doing 5 nights pre cruise at the Hilton on Moorea and 3 nights post cruise on Vahine Island. Consider joining us on the roll call.

Will do FlightMedic, I will look for the thread about the Roll Call!

So excited!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the good reviews of 625, we've just booked this for April 2019 for our 25th wedding anniversary. [emoji898][emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ha! I am going to book for April of 2019 for our 25th anniversary as well. Go figure.

Wow! Which cruise are you looking at Clskinfan? We're on the 13 April, to Marquesas, Tuamotos and Society Is. It will be a thrill to see this amazing area of the Pacific. We have been to Moorea for a day on a cruise and loved it, so TBK's info on where to stay is very helpful as we plan to have a few days there first.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums