Post dry dock comparison: Ecstasy or Elation????

Domergirl

I've sailed both the Ecstasy and the Elation before. I recall liking the Ecstasy more than the Elation...and I'm trying so hard to remember why. I sailed both of them BEFORE they went to dry dock. Now the Ecstasy has recently had its refresh, and the Elation is in progress. For those of you "in the know"...any difference between these two if I'm sailing on December 30????

This sounds insane...but I'm PARTICULARLY interested in the pizza. I don't recall if Ecstasy had the new/good pizza...but I distinctly recall that Elation had the "old" pizza I don't care for. Hint: If they have "quattro formaggia" it's the good stuff.

Opinions? Seems like these will be nearly identical ships in December, in which case I'm simply comparing a 5 day to a 7 day...and I go with 7!!!!

I can't speak for the Elation,but we sailed on the Ecstasy back in April and they had the quattro formaggia, and it was quite good. We did the 7 day Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk and had a blast, we are booked again for November 2018 for a 4 day holiday getaway.

They are 2 old clunkers.

Only sailed the Elation. We are on the 30th of this months sailing out of Jax. Looking forward to the upgrades after dry dock. The pizza was great on our first sailing. Yes they have the 4 cheese pizza and it was delish. We recently sailed the Magic and the Vista. It seems to me that all these Carnival ships had the same menu for the pizza. I remembering paying attention to the bags of flour they use to make the dough and it was the same brand on all the ships I mentioned. Of course all these ships sailed from a Florida port.

Thanks! I disagree on the "2 old clunkers" comment. I've sailed both before. We loved the Ecstasy, and we sailed it before her drydock. I felt like the Elation needed a refresh, but she's getting it right now.

We ended up opting for the 7 day over the 5 day. Same cruise you did, Schazzy. We'll be sailing on 12/30....New Year's Eve cruise!!!! Have never done that before...very exciting! Plus we get to kick off 2018 with a day on Half Moon Cay. I can't imagine a better place to start the year!!!!

I've been on the Ecstasy post drydock and will be on the Elation next June. The pizza on the Ecstasy was awesome, but I don't know if it's the "one you like", lol.

From what I can gather the Elation did not get a candy shop or an alchemy bar. But otherwise it appears the Elation got a set of more modern upgrades.