Cabin choices

Hsmama

So I've been on one cruise before (with the help of CC!) and loved it, we sailed Oosterdam to Alaska,oceanview room- question I really enjoyed our location (main deck,cabin 1008) it was low,and up front near the theater- in thinking about another cruise, I am likely to pick another (discount) room that is on the lowest deck I can get,since on the one day when we had some waves etc, I felt like it was smoother down on the lower deck.... am I right or wrong? I was looking at the Carnival Glory,which is a much bigger ship(I think) and possible cabins (int.) were on the riviera or main deck, either midship,or way in the back. Which is preferable for what I'm thinking? I'm not too picky, but I enjoy peace and quiet,and less boat motion if possible.... thanks for any advice

Glory oceanview. be careful whats above-- there is a galley that runs 24/7 Being under the dining room is ok since its carpeted so no noise issues.

on this class of ship your entertainment is deck 5 food ;pools deck 9 i would stay closer to the aft than the front

this ship also has dead ends and you can not get to the aft dining room using the mid ship elevators

nor can you get to the forwad dining room using the aft elevators

so I spoke to a couple of agents today....one of them said if I booked a cabin on riviera deck,which is the lowest choice, I would be bothered my engine noise (cabin sort of in midship I think) and reccomended main deck, but I dislike the idea of the busy lobby deck above main....would you agree with the rep?

Guest cabins are nowhere near the engines. If you book forward or aft, you can feel the thrusters when entering and leaving port, but it is vibration and not noise. Your agents need some education, or maybe cruising experience. EM