Suggestions

well we got through our two night cruise.

Doctor is ok with me trying something a bit longer, but wants me to stick to under a week, and either a wheelchair or my “Fat man, broken back, fally down machine” (ignorant people call it a walking frame).

So probably an accessible cabin, and while the last one was fantastic they can be hard to get.

I probably need to keep tendering to a minimum at this stage.

Looking for any ideas.

How long are you wanting to wait to book said cruise? As someone who is a wheelchair user and also someone who likes to choose which cabin, I find having to book at least a year out is a must to be able to get one of the very few accessible cabins and particularly the cabin I want!!

If you dont mind an inside cabin, RCI's Voyager and Explorer have PR (catagory inside but have a bay window that overlooks the Royal Promenade) cabins, however as you need an accessible cabin, the accessible PR cabins are extremely limited - There's only one accessible PR cabin on the whole ship! You'd need to book early!!

Now, if I've been paying attention, I do believe you and Mrs GUT love to go to Tassie? RCI do 5 & 6 nighters to Tassie - There's still always worth having a look at the one on March 8th coming up on Ovation!!!

Mmmm not sure if Mrs Gut has broken up by then, but worth checking on.

Though 10 days is more than I’m cleared for at the moment.

I’d love to find a two or three dater that wasn’t a booze cruise.

I know that’s not going to happen.

Your parameters are getting harder to fulfil rather than easier, sounds like you need a 5 day cruise down to Tassie. I will keep my eye out for something.

Yeah I know, it’s hard, that’s why I threw it out here.

Set sail from Sydney on your 7-night Tasmania Cruise on Explorer of The Seas. Ports of Call

Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Wollongong (port Kembla) - Aus, Sydney

Sailing Dates

Departs: Mon, Mar 12 2018

Arrives: Mon, Mar 19 2018

While that’s in school term it’s one I’ll keep in mind.

Doctor is ok with me trying something a bit longer, but wants me to stick to under a week, and either a wheelchair or my “Fat man, broken back, fally down machine” (ignorant people call it a walking frame).

So probably an accessible cabin, and while the last one was fantastic they can be hard to get.

Looking for any ideas.

What about a Tassie cruise they're usually only 6 or 7 nights long?

Trish

Looking for any ideas.

Hello Mr GUT

One can be surprised how far you have to walk when going on a cruise , you know corridor marathons between the cabin and the dining room the do tend to sap the strength somewhat when pushing the wheelie walker ...I bought a small portable electric scooter off e-bay and have found that it exceeds my expectations for such a small unit , as I am rather rotund :halo:

I have managed to travel on trains and trams and I am able to break the unit up into five parts to get it into the boot of most cars, I will fit easily through cabin doors and should be able to be stored in most cabins with no issues.

I doubt if it would be able to be used in tender ports but all others should be fine .

I'll be able to go just about everywhere on Golden Princess at Christmas and Carnival Legend in March without getting puffed as would happen with the walking frame.

So dont be reluctant to go for mechanical help if it allows you to get about :evilsmile:

Kindest Ragards

John VK3DQ "Fat Man Cursing"

Hello Mr GUT

One can be surprised how far you have to walk when going on a cruise , you know corridor marathons between the cabin and the dining room the do tend to sap the strength somewhat when pushing the wheelie walker ...I bought a small portable electric scooter off e-bay and have found that it exceeds my expectations for such a small unit , as I am rather rotund :halo:

I have managed to travel on trains and trams and I am able to break the unit up into five parts to get it into the boot of most cars, I will fit easily through cabin doors and should be able to be stored in most cabins with no issues.

I doubt if it would be able to be used in tender ports but all others should be fine .

I'll be able to go just about everywhere on Golden Princess at Christmas and Carnival Legend in March without getting puffed as would happen with the walking frame.

So dont be reluctant to go for mechanical help if it allows you to get about :evilsmile:

Kindest Ragards

John VK3DQ "Fat Man Cursing"

I actually prefer a power wheelchair to a scooter, once you’re used to it you can manoeuvre much better and if not up to transferring to a seat pull right up to the table.

The one we hired for this cruise was a beauty except its battery life was rubbish. I’ll probably end up buying a new one.