Need a map of the itinerary on the My Trip section of the Viking website.

the2ofus

Maybe I just couldn't find the link, but after making my selections of excursions and re-reading the itinerary for our West Indies Explorer Cruise I would have liked to see a map showing the area of the Caribbean, our route and the islands we will visit. There's nothing in the menu and no way to get back to the main Viking site where all the cruises are shown, unless I close out entirely and then enter the main Viking web page.

Go to the drop down menu in the upper left hand corner,and hit the excursion link. It shows on My Viking Journey the port of call for each day.

For each port of call , there is itineray , weather, type of currency used etc., across the page.

Hovering over the word " itinerary" it bring up the map for my whole cruise.

Hope this helps. I cannot see the acutal excrusions available. Still 134 days out from my cruise.

Go to the drop down menu in the upper left hand corner,and hit the excursion link. It shows on My Viking Journey the port of call for each day.

For each port of call , there is itineray , weather, type of currency used etc., across the page.

Hope this helps. I cannot see the acutal excrusions available. Still 134 days out from my cruise.

Well, aren't you just a fountain of knowledge. Some of these things I knew and some I had no knowledge of. Thanks for the info.

Well, aren't you just a fountain of knowledge. Some of these things I knew and some I had no knowledge of. Thanks for the info.

I spend way too much time digging around in My Viking Journey. :)

It helps me with my countdown till my first cruise on Viking Sea. Lot of information to review. I do love their My Trip section compared to the Celebrity one I have used in the past.

Thanks for the tip! Learn something new here all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Attention, Viking. A map of the cruise should not be that hard to find!!

Dear Peregrina651,

We agree with this sentiment, and regret to learn there has been some difficulty accessing these maps.

Please know that we hear your concerns, and appreciate this valuable feedback as we work to continually enhance the user experience for our guests.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, Peregrina651, and have a wonderful evening.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Attention, Viking. A map of the cruise should not be that hard to find!!

I cannot see the acutal excrusions available. Still 134 days out from my cruise.

Don't forget you don't have to wait for your MVJ to go live but can go to the general oceans site and see the nominal set of excursions for each cruise itinerary. It is true, however, that MVJ is the final authority on the excursions for a given cruise and it may include excursions not listed on the main ocean site and/or not include excursions listed on that site. Still, as I've found with our upcoming cruise, the disparities are not that great overall.

Don't forget you don't have to wait for your MVJ to go live but can go to the general oceans site and see the nominal set of excursions for each cruise itinerary. It is true, however, that MVJ is the final authority on the excursions for a given cruise and it may include excursions not listed on the main ocean site and/or not include excursions listed on that site. Still, as I've found with our upcoming cruise, the disparities are not that great overall.

We have looked at the excursions for the ports of call on the VO web site. As of now ,we want to book only one optional tour. The rest will be the included tours.

BTW, can one person book for both of us in a cabin when reserving the included tours? I live in MN , my friend lives in AZ. She could book at 1am her time for both of us.

We have looked at the excursions for the ports of call on the VO web site. As of now ,we want to book only one optional tour. The rest will be the included tours.

BTW, can one person book for both of us in a cabin when reserving the included tours? I live in MN , my friend lives in AZ. She could book at 1am her time for both of us.

Don't know for sure but would think that if you're on the same reservation (passenger 1&2) it shouldn't matter who does it. The wish lists seem to be individual and don't get replicated/shared between passengers. As in my husband and I each have our own login credentials on the same reservation but I couldn't see his wish list items and he couldn't see mine but....when either of us went into the booking mode...we were able to book for both of us at the same time. Because it was easier, I did all the booking (paid excursions) and reservations (included tours and restaurant seatings). But hubby could go in and change or add stuff himself if he wanted to. Even fiddle with mine (we don't do everything together [emoji6]). Wouldn't think it would be any different for you and your friend.

Thanks CharTrav and stretchcruz,

We are sharing a cabin , so we are passenger #1 and #2 on our MVJ.

Talked to my friend last night. She will reserve the included excursions for both of us for whatever time is available. We have DV3 cabin so will not be in the first group for booking excursions.