[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:34 PM.
Hollywell
973 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Hi fellow cruisers.
If anyone is looking for a hotel pre cruise from Sydney this may suit.
Just booked the north Sydney harbour view hotel. All rooms have great views of Sydney harbour. They have a cruise package consisting of room with a view, full hot buffet breakfast with view and transport to the cruise terminal on the morning of your cruise. Check it out cruisers it may suit you.
Cheers Bob.
I come from a land down under
23,809 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by portcbob
Hi fellow cruisers.
If anyone is looking for a hotel pre cruise from Sydney this may suit.
Just booked the north Sydney harbour view hotel. All rooms have great views of Sydney harbour. They have a cruise package consisting of room with a view, full hot buffet breakfast with view and transport to the cruise terminal on the morning of your cruise. Check it out cruisers it may suit you.
Cheers Bob.
We stayed there years ago and found it way too noisy.

A mate stays there a lot and says he has had no noise issues, I’ll be interested in your take.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Batehaven, Australia
10,426 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by portcbob
Hi .
What you have to do is book a room upwards of the 11th floor. No noise then.
Upper floors have good harbour views, thus more expensive. We sometimes stay at Rydges North Sydney. Ordinary Hotel, but reasonable prices for Sydney. We joined the Loyalty Club years ago, get some perks, couple of drinks, complimentary breakfast, 20% off other food. Irks me you have to pay for parking though. Like you would at the North Sydney Harbour View. Cash Cow.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 460 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
23,809 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by NSWP
Upper floors have good harbour views, thus more expensive. We sometimes stay at Rydges North Sydney. Ordinary Hotel, but reasonable prices for Sydney. We joined the Loyalty Club years ago, get some perks, couple of drinks, complimentary breakfast, 20% off other food. Irks me you have to pay for parking though. Like you would at the North Sydney Harbour View. Cash Cow.
Used to stay at Rydges a lot, back when I travelled more.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Melbourne, Australia
557 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
I always stay at Rydges.

Am also a member and get great perks, and this year am staying in a couple of rooms at Rydges World Square the night before my cruise at no cost.

and an easy train ride down to the ship with my luggage
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Batehaven, Australia
10,426 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by DT1304
I always stay at Rydges.

Am also a member and get great perks, and this year am staying in a couple of rooms at Rydges World Square the night before my cruise at no cost.

and an easy train ride down to the ship with my luggage
Good choice, good location and good hotel, stayed there. Enjoy.

Next overseas trip is on 21 May next year, Cathay Pacific Syd-LHR, land travel, wedding (not mine lol) and 3 cruises. Fllight is from Sydney @ 9.55pm, so don't need to stay O/N in Sydney, but if we had to it would be Rydges, Sydney Airport, fantastico, so handy, across the street from terminal, stayed there a couple of times.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..

Batehaven, Australia
10,426 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Flatbush Flyer
Park Hyatt: combo of points and dollars makes it affordable

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Top hotel and as you say if you have the points, good, otherwise, it is for the rich and famous. Rooms are what ? $500 per night and up ?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Point Richmond CA
5,289 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by NSWP
Top hotel and as you say if you have the points, good, otherwise, it is for the rich and famous. Rooms are what ? $500 per night and up ?

Actually, if you hit it at the right time, and with Hyatt senior (or government employee) discount, the price before figuring any point deal can be under $400. Remember too that, if you're from the US, those prices are Australian dollars. Points combos can cut the cost down considerably more.
Extremely convenient location, quality accommodations, great bar and restaurant. If you're a Hyatt regular, this hotel is noteworthy.

23,809 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Actually, if you hit it at the right time, and with Hyatt senior (or government employee) discount, the price before figuring any point deal can be under $400. Remember too that, if you're from the US, those prices are Australian dollars. Points combos can cut the cost down considerably more.
Extremely convenient location, quality accommodations, great bar and restaurant. If you're a Hyatt regular, this hotel is noteworthy.

Certainly not here in Australia, don’t think I’ve ever seen it under $1000
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Point Richmond CA
5,289 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by GUT2407
Certainly not here in Australia, don’t think I’ve ever seen it under $1000

I must have lucked out. Staying there next May -senior rate using combo of points/cash is 15k points +$308 USD/night. Without the points, I agree that it does get pricey (would've been almost $700 USD/night!).
Could've stayed at the other Hyatt (Darling Harbor) for almost half that. But, we've started narrowing down the hotel brands we use (to better manage/concentrate points accumulation) and it's now time for us to "use it or lose it" for what Hyatt points we have left so we can focus more on certain other chains that better meet our needs..

23,809 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
I must have lucked out. Staying there next May -senior rate using combo of points/cash is 15k points +$308 USD/night. Without the points, I agree that it does get pricey (would've been almost $700 USD/night!).
Could've stayed at the other Hyatt (Darling Harbor) for almost half that. But, we've started narrowing down the hotel brands we use (to better manage/concentrate points accumulation) and it's now time for us to "use it or lose it" for what Hyatt points we have left so we can focus more on certain other chains that better meet our needs..

Your US$700 is near enough AUS$1000
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

23,809 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Ouch!

Yep 70 something cents to the dollar at the moment.

But that does make Aus a great visit for Americans

Plus Sydney, while a great city and even better Harbour, consistently rates as one of the most expensicpve cities in the world. But then we also have a great minimum wage (around $17 an hour) plus penalty rates for nights and weekends (though some changes are happening with those).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Point Richmond CA
5,289 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by GUT2407
Yep 70 something cents to the dollar at the moment.

But that does make Aus a great visit for Americans

Plus Sydney, while a great city and even better Harbour, consistently rates as one of the most expensicpve cities in the world. But then we also have a great minimum wage (around $17 an hour) plus penalty rates for nights and weekends (though some changes are happening with those).

I must admit that I LOVE Sydney. One of my most vivid memories is entering Sydney Harbor at daybreak (not on a cruise ship) and seeing the morning sun glisten on the skyscraper glass. Clean, friendly, vibrant, just terrific.
For this trip, we'll stay 3 nights pre-cruise. Had wanted to have a special dinner at Quay. But, just found out that it'll be closed for several months due to a major renovation.
So, if you've got a favorite restaurant for special occasions in The Rocks area, please post it.
Thanks!

23,809 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by fuzzyfl
Looking for a post cruise stay in Sydney next Oct. in CBD. Any suggestions for a hotel in the $200 per night range?
Maybe the Ibis in Pitt Street. I don’t think you’d even get the one at Darling harbour for under $200 or one of the Travelodges.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NZ
126 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
We've booked Holiday Inn The Rocks - not flashest rooms but reasonably priced, literally walk across the road to the cruise terminal. We're going to be there on a Sunday before cruise and so we can hang out in the markets which are practically next door to the hotel
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

SAILED:
Golden Princess 3-5-2017
23,809 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by FunforGin
We've booked Holiday Inn The Rocks - not flashest rooms but reasonably priced, literally walk across the road to the cruise terminal. We're going to be there on a Sunday before cruise and so we can hang out in the markets which are practically next door to the hotel
We stay there a lot, but rarely get it under the $200 mark normally $300 ish
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature