Ruby Nov 11-18

joeyancho

I'd be very interested in your impression of the Ruby. I board Nov. 29 for the 10-day Sea of Cortez itinerary.
I'm not the OP, but my wife and I did this same itinerary last year and it was terrific. We especially liked Loreto, which sees very few cruise ships. A very laid back, Old Mexico feel there. World's apart from Cabo San Lucas. And we really enjoyed the Ruby Princess. It's a beautiful ship. I have links to the photos and Patters below in my signature if you're interested.

We just got back yesterday from a great cruise on the Ruby. Hopefully I will post a review this week. If anyone has any questions I would be glad to answer. I have the patters. Btw, there was plenty of butter everywhere.

Great to hear, we are going in January. Did you attend any of the production shows? And was there a Captains Circle cocktail party (I am Ruby and DH is Gold)?

Thanks!

We just got back yesterday from a great cruise on the Ruby. Hopefully I will post a review this week. If anyone has any questions I would be glad to answer. I have the patters. Btw, there was plenty of butter everywhere.

Looking forward to your review. Was there a BOGO $1?

Just got home from the Nov 11-18 cruise on the Ruby. We had a great time, the food was good, the entertainment wonderful, ship was beautiful. And yes there was butter everywhere. I was really worried before we left because there was so many people with bad reports of the Ruby, so I guess it is all just personal tastes. My brother and his wife went with us and they really enjoyed it also. This was their first Princess cruise, they had cruised with another line and they were really impressed with Princess.

Also just got off the Ruby Princess. We were on for two weeks . First week a coastal, second Mexico.

Captain's circle party the second week had only one party and it was held at 7:00Pm . This is only for Elites and Platinum.

Commodore Romano came on the second week. He is fabulous, mingles with passengers.Great personality.

Found the cruise director not on par with most. His name is Duke. Found his Wake show boring. The worst one was him in a cabin in bed in Pajamas talking with another guy from the cruise staff in bed with him. .They were reading the Patters daily activities.

Lisa Ball is entertainment director and we saw her everywhere.

We loved our cruises, food outstanding as well as service. Ship in wonderful condition. The new beds were so comfy as well as the pillows and comforter.Still no duvet covers, only top and bottom sheet wrapped around it. Don't like that because the comforter gets exposed and not sure it gets changed between cruises.

Every time we cruise on The Ruby, I feel like I am coming home. Love that ship.

The Circle Hostess is Abigail and she is terrific.

Great to hear, we are going in January. Did you attend any of the production shows? And was there a Captains Circle cocktail party (I am Ruby and DH is Gold)?

Thanks!

We attended the "Magic to Do" and "Once Upon a Dream" shows. Both were good. I prefered Once Upon a Dream. There were 2 comedy shows, same comedian. He was okay. First show was about getting old, second was standard cruising jokes. There was a magic/comedy show in the Explorers lounge. He was pretty good. There was a cocktail party. We did not attend.

I'd be very interested in your impression of the Ruby. I board Nov. 29 for the 10-day Sea of Cortez itinerary.

The Ruby is a great ship in terrific condition. I had read the reports before hand of her being old and tired but I just did not see that. We had any time dining. I tipped the maitre d in the main dining room up front and never waited on a single line throughout the entire cruise. In fact on the last day he gave me his email address and told me to contact him if I sell the Ruby again . The food was good to great. We ate at the buffet for lunch and breakfast. There was a good selection at all times. The only letdown food-wise was the crown Grill. It just did not wow us. Even the desserts were ho-hum. The service throughout the entire ship was terrific. The staff was very friendly and engaging. We are Platinum and embarkation was very smooth.

We ate in Share. It was reduced to $29.00 (from 39.00), a special until early December. Food and service was excellent.

The Library on board had no books . Less than 20 on the shelves for novels.And most of those were paperbacks that appeared to be donated by passengers. I asked a staff member and he said they get stolen by passengers. Another person we asked

said they would be putting new books out. Still someone else said they weren't aware of it. I was on for two weeks and no books were ever put out. I did see some sealed boxes sitting on the shelf and never got opened. For me not a deal breaker.

I brought some books and so did people I traveled with so we just shared our books. We were on the Crown this summer. Towards the end of our cruise in September, the shelves were restocked with loads of paperbacks. All current interesting authors.I will start bringing my Kindle again in case this happens on future cruises.

We ate in Share. It was reduced to $29.00 (from 39.00), a special until early December. Food and service was excellent.

I am very pleased to read your positive comments on SHARE. A friend who was on the Nov. 4 cruise had a very negative report on the service although he and his party loved the food.

We are going to be on the Nov. 29 Sea of Cortez cruise. So, I am also very pleased that it appears that the $29pp price will still be in effect.