Caribbean Itinerary Changes - Winter '18

ctbjr1309

As I was perusing the SD website this morning (Jim Avery is AWOL somewhere in the South Pacific so somebody has to do it), I noticed some significant itinerary changes for the 9 day voyage departing Antigua on Jan. 18.

All scheduled BVI ports (Jost, Soper's Hole and Salt Island) and Barbuda have been replaced with an additional port or two on Antigua, an extra day on St. Bart's and stops at St. Kitts and Iles des Saintes.

Not surprising I guess as I guess this means that as far as SD is concerned the BVI and Barbuda aren't yet ready for SD visitors. However, I expect that the passengers (especially those who learn of the changes upon boarding) would have preferred a bit more advance notice of the changes.

Interestingly, the 7 day itinerary the following week on SD1 (Antigua to San Juan) is still showing the last 3 days of the trip spent in the BVI (Spanish Town, Leverick Bay, Soper's Hole, Foxy's and Fisher's Cover for the beach party).

The good news is that it appears that a number of contributors (ohmiss, cortesfam, cabosal, cwaj45 and loving life) to this board will be on board next week so hopefully we'll have some updates from them.

As I was perusing the SD website this morning (Jim Avery is AWOL somewhere in the South Pacific so somebody has to do it), I noticed some significant itinerary changes for the 9 day voyage departing Antigua on Jan. 18.

All scheduled BVI ports (Jost, Soper's Hole and Salt Island) and Barbuda have been replaced with an additional port or two on Antigua, an extra day on St. Bart's and stops at St. Kitts and Iles des Saintes.

Not surprising I guess as I guess this means that as far as SD is concerned the BVI and Barbuda aren't yet ready for SD visitors. However, I expect that the passengers (especially those who learn of the changes upon boarding) would have preferred a bit more advance notice of the changes.

Interestingly, the 7 day itinerary the following week on SD1 (Antigua to San Juan) is still showing the last 3 days of the trip spent in the BVI (Spanish Town, Leverick Bay, Soper's Hole, Foxy's and Fisher's Cover for the beach party).

The good news is that it appears that a number of contributors (ohmiss, cortesfam, cabosal, cwaj45 and loving life) to this board will be on board next week so hopefully we'll have some updates from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What?? Not going to the BVI's?? What's up with this? I've been so excited for embarkation on Thursday and now this! The BVI's are my favorite destination and the main draw for this 9 day cruise. I have been in contact (FB) with both Foxys And Soggy Dollar (Jost) and they are both open and welcoming guests so I'm not buying that the BVIs aren't recovered enough for. SD had better rethink or be prepared for a lot of bitching from yours truly. Really PO'd!![emoji37][emoji36][emoji31][emoji35]

ctbjr1309: Thank you for the sharp eyes and update on the January 18-27 SD1 itinerary! We received our cruise docs on January 4 with the BVI destinations. I checked the itinerary and land adventures Sunday and the Seadream website still displayed that itinerary. I presume guests or the ship have not had a good experience in the BVI during the recovery period. I'm not surprised by the changes--I wonder if the current sailing included these destinations as well? When we decided to go forward with final payment in October I expected to see more modifications. We will certainly report on the new stops!

Thanks,

Steve

Still lurking Charlie. Somewhere between The Marquesas and Tahiti. Ran into a fellow traveler yesterday wearing a Foxy's shirt. I was wearing a Soggy Dollar shirt. Female Cruise Director here gives me a big hug every time she sees me in a Soggy Dollar shirt... Says it is her favorite beach bar in the world. Mine too. Looking forward to hearing more from Ohmiss and other pals on SeaDream as to what is up and what is not. :cool:

Female Cruise Director here gives me a big hug every time she sees me in a Soggy Dollar shirt... Says it is her favorite beach bar in the world.

So I imagine you will be wearing that shirt every day for three months. At some point, she is going to stop hugging.

I’m not very happy with the new January 18 itinerary and that Seadream hasn’t contacted me. How do the rest of you feel about it?

I would think that for those who have done the BVI/St. Bart's/St. Martin run a number of times over the years, the revised itinerary would be a nice change of pace.

On the other hand, for those who booked SD this winter specifically to visit the BVI's this would at least at the outset be disappointing, depending of course on how the new itineraries work out. Having visited Salt Island in the BVI once, I am curious to know what in the heck SD had planned for the afternoon visit there. I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

I would think that for those who have done the BVI/St. Bart's/St. Martin run a number of times over the years, the revised itinerary would be a nice change of pace.

On the other hand, for those who booked SD this winter specifically to visit the BVI's this would at least at the outset be disappointing, depending of course on how the new itineraries work out. Having visited Salt Island in the BVI once, I am curious to know what in the heck SD had planned for the afternoon visit there. I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Having specifically picked this cruise for the BVI destinations we are not happy at all. We have been to Il de St too many times and never go in to St Bart's anymore, so, NO, this is not a "nice change of pace". And why the previous and post cruises have/are hitting the BVIs has not been explained by SeaDream at all. Not happy !!![emoji35]

So true ohmiss, we also enjoy staying onboard. Maybe there will be more swimming off the back and water sports than previously scheduled.

I hope everyone gets out with this new storm! Safe travels, see you onboard!

Just printed our boarding passes and we head to Newark tomorrow night, then fly to Antigua on Wednesday. With the bitter cold here and iffy weather along the East Coast, we are focused on getting to the Seadream 1!

While we've been to most of the islands, we'll be happy with good weather and lots of time in the water. The experience on Seadream is the vacation more than the destinations.

No word from Seadream directly, only the information on their website for the itinerary and Land Adventures.

Thanks,

Steve