Question about staying overnight off ship.......

renroc13

Quick Question:

Does anyone know if we have to make arrangements before; or, can we just let the cruise people know once we are on-board if we decide to stay off ship overnight. We did this twice in Viet Nam and once in Thailand on previous cruises and I forgot the procedure. Many of us did that is those ports as the driving time was so long to get anywhere it made touring the area much easier.

I am now thinking of taking the ferry from Papeete to Moorea and spending the night in Moorea. We have spent a week in both places before and I thought an overnight on an over-water room would be wonderful to do again. It was the highlight of our stay last trip.

I will check with The Captains Club as well but I think we just need to let them know once onboard. Anyone know??

Thank You,

Karen

Your cruise line may require advance written review and approval. Many countries have complex or even odd custom and boarder laws that the line must follow.

If you leave the ship without approval and cruise line knowledge it may be against local law to allow you to re-embark the ship.

While it may seem silly the cruise line will not upset local custom and border authorities(that they deal with over and over) just because one passenger thought it would not be a big deal.

Thank you....someone posted the phone contact for me on the Celebrity thread. Paperwork done. We will be able to get off in Papeete and take the ferry to Moorea and spend the night. We stayed in both Papeete and Moorea in the past. We will then reboard the ship in Moorea. Back to our overwater bungalow.

Karen