Carnival triumph to offer diverse schedule from new york, fort lauderdale, & norfolk

CruiseAdict218

I just booked for one of the cruises out of Norfolk.

I have heard (both here and on John Heald's Facebook) a lot of disappointment regarding the itineraries, and to a lesser degree, the ship.

On the one hand, I can relate. I would have preferred to see some 7-day (or more) options out of Norfolk that would have included things like Bermuda or the Eastern Caribbean. And if that had been offered, I would have booked it.

On the other hand, I am just tickled that there will be cruises from Norfolk next year! I love sailing out of my hometown. And while the Nassau and Freeport may get bad reviews (for good reason), I've found if you know what you like and where to find it, both ports have a lot to offer. There are beautiful beaches, great all inclusive resorts, fairly decent snorkeling. And Half Moon Cay is always awesome.

So yeah, I get where people are coming from; but I also choose to stay positive! I get to go on a cruise from my hometown to beautiful, tropical locations! And I'm excited to try the Triumph! I have been on nearly all of the classes of ship Carnival offers, and the Conquest class (and variations thereof) are just great.

Dang I was so excited when I saw Norfolk, I've always wanted to sail from there. I too wish there were more sailings though. I would love to combine a cruise with a week in Virginia Beach, as it's only a 12 hour drive, but those dates just don't work for me!

• 5 weeks later...
April 15, 2019 is her first cruise back in service, 5 Day Western Caribbean RT Ft. Lauderdale, with her last from NOLA ending on March 1. Does she have any 2.0 upgrades or perhaps not as many?

Luckly we have a sailing booked on the Horizon this year, Conquest next year; but would love to squeeze in a cruise on the Triumph next year, first ship I sailed on back in 2009. Both Merviglia and now Norwegian Bliss are coming to NYC so there is competition but lack of ports that can happen on a 7 Day. Lot of cruises stop in Port Canaveral, but why don't they throw in Charleston or Baltimore instead?

*Edit: She has all the 2.0 features it seems so I wonder what will happen in this drydock?

Maybe a serenity deck? Maybe needs more extensive work on the mechanics? I like the 3 story showroom but it could use all new upholstery. The public bathrooms could use a complete overhaul.