big screen movies on Zuiderdam

rervousneck

The movie theater on the Zuiderdam is small and has large individual recliner chairs. As I remember, it sat only about 15 people. It fills up absurdly early. We never got there early enough to get a chair. Very bad planning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, during the drydock, what used to be the Wang Theater and was used for culinary demonstrations and movies was made much smaller with very limited seating. If you want a seat for a movie, plan on being at least a half hour early.

The cooking demos are now held in what used to be called the Queen's Lounge and is now BBKing's.

I can watch Netflix on my big screen TV at home every night, and my TV will look and sound better than any movie screen on a ship. On a cruise I would like to do something different, if only for a week.

Please, let's keep MUTS away from HAL.

igraf

Unfortunately, during the drydock, what used to be the Wang Theater and was used for culinary demonstrations and movies was made much smaller with very limited seating. If you want a seat for a movie, plan on being at least a half hour early.

The cooking demos are now held in what used to be called the Queen's Lounge and is now BBKing's.

Zuiderdam's Screening Room theater actually has 36 seats in six rows of six theater-style reclining leather seats with small tables in between. The theater was added in April 2008 during a Palermo, Italy dry-dock in place of her original Internet Center and Java Corner.

Edited by Copper10-8

You are probably referring to the Wajang Theater which can be found on the "S" and "R" class ships. The Vistas, of which Zuiderdam is the class leader, never had the Wajang.

We arrived 45 minutes early for a showing and got the last two seats...I really do believe if they changed out the seating they could fit more seats. The chairs seem abnormally large.

We arrived 45 minutes early for a showing and got the last two seats...I really do believe if they changed out the seating they could fit more seats. The chairs seem abnormally large.

I agree. The seats are very comfy, but only 36 for the whole ship is ridiculous, especially on the Panama Canal cruises, where they show vintage documentaries about the canal. I think we finally got seats the third time they showed one.

Wish Zuiderdam would get the Lido deck screen, but there probably isn't enough height for it. Loved that on the K'dam.

You are probably referring to the Wajang Theater which can be found on the "S" and "R" class ships. The Vistas, of which Zuiderdam is the class leader, never had the Wajang.

Maybe it wasn't called the Wajang (sorry, the Wang is in Boston), but I have sailed on both the Zuiderdam and Westerdam several times.

The large theater area used for both movies and the culinary demonstrations on the Zuiderdam was changed during the recent drydock as I posted.