Liberty Porthole cabin

cruisent

I'm about to book a porthole cabin on Main deck Liberty. Are they all the same or is one better than the other? The ones available are :

I currently have 2217 on hold but will change it if others listed are preferable. And do they all have a sofa in them? Or just chair and table? Thanks.

BTW---traveling solo.

I'm about to book a porthole cabin on Main deck Liberty. Are they all the same or is one better than the other? The ones available are :

I currently have 2217 on hold but will change it if others listed are preferable. And do they all have a sofa in them? Or just chair and table? Thanks.

BTW---traveling solo.

According to all the cabin descriptions they all have sofas. 2216 and 2217 look slightly larger according to the deck plans and the curvature of the ship, so I would stick with the cabin you have!

According to all the cabin descriptions they all have sofas. 2216 and 2217 look slightly larger according to the deck plans and the curvature of the ship, so I would stick with the cabin you have!

Thanks. I'll go ahead and make the booking with 2217. I see pictures and videos of these porthole cabins on other Carnival ships, but oddly none of Liberty, and I didn't want to go by those pics since they're different ships.

As long as it has that sofa, i'm happy. I'm not fond of the little chair with table i've seen in some cabins.

Edited by cruisent

Thanks. I'll go ahead and make the booking with 2217. I see pictures and videos of these porthole cabins on other Carnival ships, but oddly none of Liberty, and I didn't want to go by those pics since they're different shops.

As long as it has that sofa, i'm happy. I'm not fond of the little chair with table i've seen in some cabins.

If you find any pictures of the Conquest, Glory, Valor, or Freedom, they are all sister ships to the Liberty and the cabin configurations should be the same.

If you find any pictures of the Conquest, Glory, Valor, or Freedom, they are all sister ships to the Liberty and the cabin configurations should be the same.

Thanks. That helps lots because i've seen portholes cabins of those other ships.

Our porthole window cabin on the Liberty had a "L" shaped 2 twin bed set up. My son and I had loads of room. It was cabin 2211.

I wound up going with 2216 because I saw a few You Tube videos of that specific porthole cabin on other Carnival class ships so I felt most comfortable going with that.

I know it would be too time consuming for them to do, but it sure would be nice if the cruise lines would have pictures of all their cabins available to click to view before booking. You'd just click on the deck plan cabin and see the exact room pic...or even better, a 360 view. How nice that would be!

I wound up going with 2216 because I saw a few You Tube videos of that specific porthole cabin on other Carnival class ships so I felt most comfortable going with that.

I know it would be too time consuming for them to do, but it sure would be nice if the cruise lines would have pictures of all their cabins available to click to view before booking. You'd just click on the deck plan cabin and see the exact room pic...or even better, a 360 view. How nice that would be!

2216 is the mirror image of 2217. My mom stayed in 2217 twice. Just depends on which way you want the furniture. Other than that they are identical.

23f919c93146239391721b04862583e9.jpg

b02e8ae7773027bbcf9e0c4c20a39a77.jpg

2216 is the mirror image of 2217. My mom stayed in 2217 twice. Just depends on which way you want the furniture. Other than that they are identical.

23f919c93146239391721b04862583e9.jpg

b02e8ae7773027bbcf9e0c4c20a39a77.jpg

GREAT pics thanks!! I actually prefer the image above "flipped", so if 2216 is the mirror of this then i'm good to go and picked the right cabin. I don't know why, but I just like the bed and sofa on the right side of the room as you enter with the mirror and desk on the left. Is that weird or do others have configuration preferences too?

GREAT pics thanks!! I actually prefer the image above "flipped", so if 2216 is the mirror of this then i'm good to go and picked the right cabin. I don't know why, but I just like the bed and sofa on the right side of the room as you enter with the mirror and desk on the left. Is that weird or do others have configuration preferences too?

I prefer it that way too if given a choice. 2216 will be flipped so you're good to go! Glad I could help :)

I prefer it that way too if given a choice. 2216 will be flipped so you're good to go! Glad I could help :)

Thanks again. One question about the sofa. I've seen pictures of both the sofa being a sofa like yours, and others where the sofa is made into another twin bed. I'm alone and prefer the sofa stay a sofa.

When asked in my booking about beds, the choices were twin or king. I was afraid to choose twin fearing they'd make both into beds, so I checked the "king" box".

Should I put it back to twin, or will it just be able to be put back into a sofa when i'm there anyway if it's a bed upon entering?

Thanks again. One question about the sofa. I've seen pictures of both the sofa being a sofa like yours, and others where the sofa is made into another twin bed. I'm alone and prefer the sofa stay a sofa.

When asked in my booking about beds, the choices were twin or king. I was afraid to choose twin fearing they'd make both into beds, so I checked the "king" box".

Should I put it back to twin, or will it just be able to be put back into a sofa when i'm there anyway if it's a bed upon entering?

My mom was solo and that's why her sofa remained bare. If there are 2 people in the cabin, the 2nd person's bed will be the top of the sofa. I don't think it really matters what you select as there's only the one bed like you see in the pic. King isn't even possible in that type of cabin.

My mom was solo and that's why her sofa remained bare. If there are 2 people in the cabin, the 2nd person's bed will be the top of the sofa. I don't think it really matters what you select as there's only the one bed like you see in the pic. King isn't even possible in that type of cabin.

OK thanks for the info. Looks like i'm good to go! :)

We had our first porthole cabin last year on the Valor and loved it! Ours was similar to the one pictured earlier, although we had the beds together. The only downside to it was being so low on the ship. As long as you're fine take an elevator everywhere, it's fine. We would definitely book one again. The farther forward you go with the porthole cabins, the smaller they get. We had one of the larger porthole cabins. The nice thing about that cabin is the really nice large ledge in front of the windows. Of course, my husband felt the need to close the covers completely at night and lock them shut. That made our cabin pitch dark. The first night I tripped on the power cord to my CPAP machine going to the bathroom during the night, so I told my husband he couldn't close the covers any more. It let plenty of light into the cabins during the day and we would absolutely book another one in a heartbeat.

We had our first porthole cabin last year on the Valor and loved it! Ours was similar to the one pictured earlier, although we had the beds together....... That made our cabin pitch dark. The first night I tripped on the power cord to my CPAP machine going to the bathroom during the night, so I told my husband he couldn't close the covers any more.
Two things, first of all the solution to tripping over the power cord in the dark is simple. Turn the light on in the bathroom and leave it on all night. If you want more light, close the door till it's almost shut and you'll get light, or if that is too much light, shut the door completely and the light will still shine through under the door onto the carpeting letting you see if you need to use the facilities in the middle of the night.

Secondly, your cabin was not like the one pictured above. If you had beds together, then you had a double twin/king set up, which is either two twins or a king when pushed together. The above picture is a single twin with sofa set up. The sofa is hard as a rock to sleep on. I know because that was the set up we had back in 2013 on the Breeze. That sofa bed was the only bad thing about that 6 day cruise.