Marella dream- canaries cruise

Sadly we won't be on board (will be on final countdown for our Malaga-Southampton sailing 3 weeks later) but we did the same itinerary as you are doing at the end of October on Discovery 2. It was one of the best itineraries we have ever done and I am sure you will have a ball. We did 2 Marella excursions - Taroudant from Agadir and the Nuns Valley from Funchal - both were excellent and very good value.

I am going on this cruise too - cant wait............ 6 weeks today :D:D:D:D

There will be 6 of us, myself and by BF and his mother and aunties who are a great laugh.

:)

Hi thanks for replying, myself and my BF Maureen are really looking forward to it, we like a good laugh too so hopefully we'll see you guys around the ship! i was just in Funchal in October so I know my way around there its a lovely place.

Hi thanks for replying, myself and my BF Maureen are really looking forward to it, we like a good laugh too so hopefully we'll see you guys around the ship! i was just in Funchal in October so I know my way around there its a lovely place.

I am really looking forward to visiting Funchal, it does look beautiful.

A guy who works with me was on the same cruise last week and he said the weather was terrible and they couldnt get into any ports apart from Las Palmas and Tenerife!! He said he really enjoyed his holiday and loved The Dream. He has cruised a few times and said the entertainment and food was better than the bigger and more expensive cruise ships!

Heres hoping our weather is good :D

That's good to know, I have been on a few cruises but all of them have been on the larger cruise ships,this is the first time i've done a TUI cruise and i was a bit worried after reading some reviews.

Funchal is very nice and where the ship docks is within easy walking distance to the Marina & cable cars.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if you're allowed to take a travel Iron onboard the Marella dream or is there a way of getting one on the ship? Thanks

It's a big no no and will be confiscated

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

Pensioncruiser - the rules regarding irons have recently changed - this is from the Marella FAQs page:-

22. Can I take a travel iron on the ship?

You may take a travel iron on the ship, however if the device is determined to pose a hazard they will be removed and returned on the last day of the cruise prior to disembarkation.