Better alcohol selection on Viking River

zitsky

I've done two Viking River cruises. Thinking about doing an ocean cruise in 2019. From reading in this forum, seems to me that the alcohol list is much better on the River ships than on the Ocean ships. For example, Scotch list is much better on river. Anyone else see this?

I've done two Viking River cruises. Thinking about doing an ocean cruise in 2019. From reading in this forum, seems to me that the alcohol list is much better on the River ships than on the Ocean ships. For example, Scotch list is much better on river. Anyone else see this?

I agree, but have no experience! On one post here was a bar menu which contained some very nice single malts. On the sample menu and on one posted by a current Ocean cruiser the list was very mundane. I hope that when I get aboard in December that I'll find the selection better than expected.

To get a decent selection of single malt scotch, on a premium line, you shouldn't have to bring it along.

My hub says yes to Scotch. He also says he will purchase his fav bottle next time pre-boarding. He'd prob try to drop it off at the Explorers lounge so they can serve it when he wants. Ok, nice thought. The liquor list is extensive BTW.

I agree, but have no experience! On one post here was a bar menu which contained some very nice single malts. On the sample menu and on one posted by a current Ocean cruiser the list was very mundane. I hope that when I get aboard in December that I'll find the selection better than expected.

To get a decent selection of single malt scotch, on a premium line, you shouldn't have to bring it along.

Alcohol isn't our priority no matter what cruise line. My husband prefers Pepsi but they don't serve it. We can't expect them to carry every brand name on a ship so we just buy Pepsi in port. I was just offering an alternative if they don't have your brand.

Alcohol isn't our priority no matter what cruise line. My husband prefers Pepsi but they don't serve it. We can't expect them to carry every brand name on a ship so we just buy Pepsi in port. I was just offering an alternative if they don't have your brand.

This discussion (for me and some others) started with the Silver Spirit Beverage Package. If one opts to purchase said package, then discovers they don’t have the selection you want, then it would be better to not purchase the package. If your husband paid for a Pepsi package but they only served Coke, he would probably wish he had checked into it. There are many opinions on this subject that are 180 apart. They can’t both be right.

It’s not a volume thing but a selection that’s important for some.

I’v decided to carry it on and book Seabourn the next time. JMHO

This discussion (for me and some others) started with the Silver Spirit Beverage Package. If one opts to purchase said package, then discovers they don’t have the selection you want, then it would be better to not purchase the package. If your husband paid for a Pepsi package but they only served Coke, he would probably wish he had checked into it. There are many opinions on this subject that are 180 apart. They can’t both be right.

It’s not a volume thing but a selection that’s important for some.

I’v decided to carry it on and book Seabourn the next time. JMHO

Ahhh, ok. I didn't read the original thread I guess. I certainly understand.