First ever fly/cruise.

Hello,

Up to now, have always cruised with Pando round trip Southampton to the Med and Scandinavia.

Now retired, fancy the Carribean but not keen on losing so many sunshine days and also drinks, gratuities very expensive.

Looking at Marella Explorer next Jan or Feb, 14 days flying from Newcastle. Can anyone advise me of the following:-

1. Once baggage checked in at airport, do we next see it in the cabin. (believe Pando do it that way).

2. Flying on 787, is it worth paying extra for more spoace/legroom.

3. Will we see many people wearing Tuxes etc on formal nights, we like dressing up but not that bothered.

4. Is dining at set times, are tables for 2 common; is house wine served at dinner as part of AI.

5. Guess lots of people will be AI,does it take forever to get drinks and does it get rowdy at all.

6. Is the Explorer and old converted ferry or a newish ship.

7. Will be booking inside cabin, which deck is best.

Thanks, Keith

Hi and welcome yes once you are checked in you don't see your luggage again in fact in Barbados you offload on to the coach straight to the ship, can't help with extra leg room we go premium, for us it's with the extra especially for the return flight, lots of tux being worn now more than last year. No set dining but plenty of two's and if on AI wine ok. Never had a problem with bar service but I believe some passengers may say different. Sorry can't help with inside cabins but would suggest you indicate which ship you are considering as they all differ. If I can help in any other way just ask

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

I find that economy is fine for 787, but some may find otherwise.

I believe that the Explorer is not in service yet but will be the converted Mien Schiff.

you will find the Explorer was Celebrity galaxy in her prime and was one of the cruise ships jane Mcdonald came to fame, should be a beautiful ship has had millions of dollars to upgrade to the German market and another refit for the UK market enjoy and happy cruising