Luggage labels.

Top Tripper

Hi.... Two weeks ago I printed out our e.docs and luggage labels for our forthcoming cruise. Two days ago we were offered, and accepted, an upgrade to a better cabin. Does anyone have experience of what happens about new luggage labels?:o

It is unlikely as I think you sail soon that new labels will be available - if they do become available it will be on the back page of a Guest Ticket booklet if they reissue it.

HOWEVER if they do not, do not worry. When you get to the port, the baggage handlers are brilliant and they have pads of tags and write them whilst you are there. I have never seen a difference between the delivery time of the port written labels and the cruise line labels in Singapore or indeed anywhere else. Luggage arrives as planned and on time!

Thank you for that comprehensive reply....I'm still going to worry though, I like all boxes ticked!

Appreciate your concern but uktog is correct, there will be no problem having your luggage assigned to your new, and congratulations upon your upgrade, stateroom.

Or at least that was our experience.

We had no luggage tags in Miami and there were no porters so had to carry our own luggage on board.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Forums mobile app

That must be very unusual. It has never happened to me. I've had my luggage tagged at the pier quite a few times (we don't have luggage labels sent to us in the UK and I don't always copy them from the Guest Ticket documents) and I've never had an issue. Dead straightforward.

Phil

That must be very unusual. It has never happened to me. I've had my luggage tagged at the pier quite a few times (we don't have luggage labels sent to us in the UK and I don't always copy them from the Guest Ticket documents) and I've never had an issue. Dead straightforward.

Phil

Same here.

Yes..TravelBugM... but our E docs still state the original, now void, stateroom number....have been online to check our situation, no change, and we leave our little island very soon for Singapore.

Print your XPress pass again and that is all you need to board the ship. If you reprint it should have your new cabin number.

Phil

Sorry to OP not trying to hijack thread but I have another question. I ordered my luggage tags on line over a week ago. Do you know how long they usually take to arrive?

Thank you

Kathy

Sorry to OP not trying to hijack thread but I have another question. I ordered my luggage tags on line over a week ago. Do you know how long they usually take to arrive?

Thank you

Kathy

As already mentioned we do not have them sent to us in the UK so we have always printed them ourselves. I take a small roll of selotape (sticky tape) and attach them to our suitcases after our flight and prior to arriving at the port . One time I forgot them and the porters sorted us out fine. As Travelbug says its not the end of the world if they dont arrive, just print them off.

Thank you

Kathy

May take a time and there have been reports of people in the US not getting them - as others have said it is not a problem at all. We never get labels in the UK. You can print the label from the last page of your guest ticket booklet that you get and can attach them to your case or alternatively you can talk to the porters in Dubai and they will put their labels on them.

Great idea Combine to carry sellotape - I have an alternative idea, I got a stapler in a Christmas cracker, it holds about 10 staples and has no problem going through security in a handbag. If you can find tiny stapler thats another option for putting on the paper labels.

Great idea Combine to carry sellotape - I have an alternative idea, I got a stapler in a Christmas cracker, it holds about 10 staples and has no problem going through security in a handbag. If you can find tiny stapler thats another option for putting on the paper labels.

Haha just love those Christmas crackers!! Sometimes you get lucky and can actually use what you get!

Thank you

Kathy

We usually get them in about a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As already mentioned we do not have them sent to us in the UK so we have always printed them ourselves. I take a small roll of selotape (sticky tape) and attach them to our suitcases after our flight and prior to arriving at the port . One time I forgot them and the porters sorted us out fine. As Travelbug says its not the end of the world if they dont arrive, just print them off.

We print them off then insert them into some cruise luggage label holders that we bought online - search for ‘Cruise Luggage label holders for Royal Caribbean & Celebrity’. They cost just under £6 for 4 or £9 for 8. They fit Azamara labels perfectly & fasten on with a nifty wire/screw fastening.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

rabin1 - We were only trying to be helpful by providing past first hand experience as an alternative.

They arrived in the mail today thank you. I have never seen such tiny little luggage tags. I think I will print them out anyway.

Kathy