Refund for silver spirits package?

PRH

We originally thought the silver spirits package would be a good decision but given the poor choices of wine by the glass, we decided to cancel 12 days later and more than six weeks before our cruise. I called Viking this morning because I hadn’t seen any refund. They told me it was processed the same day we canceled!

Then just today, a “pending refund” was posted but for less than we paid. Has anyone had this happen? We paid $558 but the refund is for $537.59!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We originally thought the silver spirits package would be a good decision but given the poor choices of wine by the glass, we decided to cancel 12 days later and more than six weeks before our cruise. I called Viking this morning because I hadn’t seen any refund. They told me it was processed the same day we canceled!

Then just today, a “pending refund” was posted but for less than we paid. Has anyone had this happen? We paid $558 but the refund is for $537.59!

Contact the folks at tellus@vikingcruises.com and explain your problem. Don't forget to include your booking number (and a phone number if you want them to call you back).

Exactly why I've been so "anal" about discovering what is and is not included in SSBP. I think, in concept, it sounds like a good deal. When you look at what you, as a consumer would actually enjoy, it sometimes changes. I have decided not to get the package. We could meet or exceed $40 per day on one or two days, so, why pay it every day? If the selection of good single malt scotch was more comprehensive it would inspire me to try different tastes, but with two selections I'd only want a glass or so occasionally. We don't do mojitos, or cosmos or such.

We would like the additional wine selections if they were not limited to those few being offered by the glass. Perhaps we'll get on board and decide, after viewing the selection in person, to buy the package. Not saying it's a bad deal, just not for us now that we understand it better.

For some strange, unexplained reason, Viking sent the refund to our bank account rather than back to the credit card company. Because it went back to the checking account, they assumed we had gotten the direct payment discount! They have agreed to refund the difference in 7 to 21 days. It already took over 21 days for the first portion to be reimbursed! They charge you immediately but take their sweet time on refunds. Guess the learning here is that if you pay for packages with a direct bank transfer, you should get the 3% discount.

My wife and I were on the Viking Star in January , we traveled from Barcelona to Rome. I prepaid my SSBP in advance and it was 139.00 each, 278.00 total. I found the package a great deal for this trip. My wife is not a spirits drinker but on vacation she enjoyed a wide variety of specialty cocktail, from Premium Margarita's to Lemon Drop Martini's . I enjoyed Mojito's on the boat every day, the drinks are not made very strong and with the SSBP you can ask for premium liquor and not worry about any charges

In the Torshavn Bar they had a variety of rums, I was drinking Diplomatico which was included in the package.

As far as wines and we only drank red while the couple we traveled with drank white there was quite a few to choose from on the wine menu. I know I had Primativo's and wines from Sicily with dinner every night. I probably drank 3 glasses with dinner each night

There were also 6 Grappas, 3 Limocellos, and 5 Italian liquor's offered with dessert at Manfredi's

As far as beer, 14 different ones were available with the SSBP too.

All drinks 15.00 or less are included , so for me 3 drinks a day and I was ahead of the game

My wife and I were on the Viking Star in January , we traveled from Barcelona to Rome. I prepaid my SSBP in advance and it was 139.00 each, 278.00 total. I found the package a great deal for this trip. My wife is not a spirits drinker but on vacation she enjoyed a wide variety of specialty cocktail, from Premium Margarita's to Lemon Drop Martini's . I enjoyed Mojito's on the boat every day, the drinks are not made very strong and with the SSBP you can ask for premium liquor and not worry about any charges

In the Torshavn Bar they had a variety of rums, I was drinking Diplomatico which was included in the package.

As far as wines and we only drank red while the couple we traveled with drank white there was quite a few to choose from on the wine menu. I know I had Primativo's and wines from Sicily with dinner every night. I probably drank 3 glasses with dinner each night

There were also 6 Grappas, 3 Limocellos, and 5 Italian liquor's offered with dessert at Manfredi's

As far as beer, 14 different ones were available with the SSBP too.

All drinks 15.00 or less are included , so for me 3 drinks a day and I was ahead of the game

Did either of you drink the prosecco? If so, how was it since it is the only sparkling wine option under the plan?