Disembarking in Stockholm for an early morning flight

Cal2266

We are departing Stockholm (ARN) on a 7:45 am flight on the day of disembarkation. The ship docks the day before. Would it be best to disembark the night before our flight and stay at a hotel near the airport or disembark super early the day of our flight? Will Viking let us disembark at any time? Would that be a problem?

Thanks. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they will let you disembark. They will probably have other people on early morning flights as well.

A few days into the cruise, they will ask you for your disembarkation information--flight times, etc. Just tell them what time you would like to leave and they will be ready for you.

That’s great. Thank you.

Another question: will they have an option for transportation? Or would it be best to arrange for it myself? I’m not using Viking Air.

That’s great. Thank you.

Another question: will they have an option for transportation? Or would it be best to arrange for it myself? I’m not using Viking Air.

You should contact Viking to ask if you can buy transfers and to find if there will be a bus going to the airport that will get you there in time. I know it had been done but best to get the details directly from Viking, just to make sure that you get the correct information.

Another possibility - and just an option.

We stayed over in Stockholm afterwards for several days. We took a taxi to the airport later afternoon prior to flying out on what I want to say was a 6:30A departure. We stayed at the Airport hotel. Nothing fancy, but extremely clean and comfortable. There were restaurants at the airport and all we had to do was walk to our flight as it is right inside the Airport. So you could do that or eat dinner on board and head out after if you chose to.

That said, food and sleeping arrangements are oh so much better on Viking.

Another possibility - and just an option.

We stayed over in Stockholm afterwards for several days. We took a taxi to the airport later afternoon prior to flying out on what I want to say was a 6:30A departure. We stayed at the Airport hotel. Nothing fancy, but extremely clean and comfortable. There were restaurants at the airport and all we had to do was walk to our flight as it is right inside the Airport. So you could do that or eat dinner on board and head out after if you chose to.

That said, food and sleeping arrangements are oh so much better on Viking.

Thanks for the tip. Something to think about.

To be honest I would not want to have to leave the ship at 3:30 in the morning...or 4...to get to the airport that early and worry about traffic, etc.. As much as I would hate to miss the last night on the ship, I think that if I had chosen that early of a flight that I would stay at an airport hotel. When we left Stockholm we stayed at the Radisson Blu at the airport..free shuttle even at I think 5 or 6 AM when we were leaving. Nice hotel right next to the airplane that was turned into a hotel.

I now remember seeing that Raddison Blue when we pulled in stretchcruz - It was right there - not inside the actual airport but basically on the property -other than the ease of being in the terminal with the airport Hotel, I would imagine the accommodations were certainly a step up. I would certainly look at that option.

We left from the smaller airport in Stockholm on an 8am flight, Viking arranged for a taxi at 6:30am so we had early breakfast, kept our bags in our room and took them off the ship ourselves, got to the airport at 6:45am but the airport didn't open till 7am, we were the only flight out going to Amsterdam. So if you are using the smaller airport and not the main airport you won't need as much time to get there and the Viking desk can schedule a taxi, but if you did not make air through Viking you have to pay your way.