WEATHER in MAY in the BAHAMAS

disneysunshine

HI everyone,

We are looking to book a cruise this weekend and are considering a 7 night Bahamas cruise from New Jersey in MAY this year. I LOVE hot weather, so I'm a little worried about this itinerary. Will I see good weather in Cococay and Nassau?We plan to stay on the ship on our Nassau day to enjoy the pools and water slides, but will it be warm enough for this always freezing girl?? Also will the water be warm enough to swim in Cococay? Just a little perspective in May last year I found the water a bit chilly in Labadee but managed to get in. Thanks for any help or advice anyone can offer :)

May is when the water is JUST starting to warm back up. Mid to High 70's would be a realistic expectation and unless a cold front comes through, I'd expect the weather to be quite warm if not hot. The water will have a little bite to it but totally doable.

Last year we went from NYC leaving Mem Day weekend. We had great weather. Upper 70s. Of course, what happens one year is no guarantee (or prediction) of what will happen the next year.

Thanks mskaufman! Question if you don't mind, was the weather in the upper 70s in Coco Cay or leaving NY on the way down, as well, how was the rocking? I understand that its completely random based on the weather, but it would still be nice to know :)

May is when the water is JUST starting to warm back up. Mid to High 70's would be a realistic expectation and unless a cold front comes through, I'd expect the weather to be quite warm if not hot. The water will have a little bite to it but totally doable.

Thanks! I hope it will be doable!!

Thanks mskaufman! Question if you don't mind, was the weather in the upper 70s in Coco Cay or leaving NY on the way down, as well, how was the rocking? I understand that its completely random based on the weather, but it would still be nice to know :)

I remember the weather in New York being shirt sleeve (let's say 70 deg) but not hot. Upper 70s in both Bahamas ports.

Hey! weather will be AMAZING in May. We've gone on cruises to Nassau, Stayed at Atlantis for a long weekend many MANY times in early May and the weather is so perfect. It's about 80 and rainy season generally doesn't set in until June. I live in Florida so I get cold easily as well and I think you'll be just fine. As a matter of fact my fiance and I are flying to Nassau on May 16 for 5 nights at Atlantis. Enjoy!!

Hey! weather will be AMAZING in May. We've gone on cruises to Nassau, Stayed at Atlantis for a long weekend many MANY times in early May and the weather is so perfect. It's about 80 and rainy season generally doesn't set in until June. I live in Florida so I get cold easily as well and I think you'll be just fine. As a matter of fact my fiance and I are flying to Nassau on May 16 for 5 nights at Atlantis. Enjoy!!

Thanks Lilystar :) Quick question if you don't mind, how is the water temperature, will it be chilly for swimming? Have you been to Coco Cay in May as well??

We will just miss you, the boat arrives in port on May 22!! Have a great vacation and congratulations on the upcoming wedding!!