iPad to TV via HDMI?

CruiseAficionado

Found this so just need to know if PH TV has HDMI port? Therefore grateful if anyone that is on board now can advise?

By far, the simplest way to connect your iPhone or iPad to your TV is to use a cable like Apple's Digital AV Adapter, which connects your Apple device to your TV's HDMI port.

maybe just borrow a movie from reception they have a list with 700 titles

Not the same as downloading & fussing with connections but an option

Yes that would seem to be the logical thing to do, However, from what I have read on this board, the DVD selection is pretty bad as far as current movies. DW and I like an occasional dinner and a movie in the cabin and feel a first run movie via Ipad would be worth the effort. Seabourn, our favorite cruise line, has the most up to date movies and we thoroughly enjoyed them with room service. It is sad that Oceania has such an outdated system that requires DVD borrowing. So trying to get a work around if we can. Nonetheless we are very much looking forward to our first Oceania cruise and hope our experience leaves us wanting more. Besides, it is really not big a deal hooking up a TV to an Ipad.

yes could be a problem if you want to see the latest movies

someone had posted a photo of the input on the TV for the O class ship someplace here

I cannot recall what was on the R ship TV

yes could be a problem if you want to see the latest movies

someone had posted a photo of the input on the TV for the O class ship someplace here

I cannot recall what was on the R ship TV

Thanks, do you think a search for tv input Wow found this:

We used the HDMI port to successfully connect an iPad to watch movies when we sailed with Marina and Riviera. Don't know about Insignia, but would like to know. We booked a cruise on Insignia in August. Would also like to know of we can play Blu-ray discs? We could on Riviera and Marina. We are in a PH.

Uhoh ... may be a moot point if you are unable to do the following.

Connect your iPhone or iPad and TV with the cable, and switch the TV's input to the port with the cable.

You can probably switch inputs from whatever to HDMI but the cruise line may have deactivated that connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A simple and inexpensive alternative for Mac Users is to purchase an External DVD Drive (cost about $29) and plug it in your Mac Laptop. Insert your DVD into the external drive and presto, the movie comes right up.

Is it possible to connect an IPad to the cabin TV to watch downloaded movies? If so what cables are required/

Oops .. was checking my Apple digital AV adapter on my homeTV and got an ominous message. Called Comcast and was advised when downloading from their Stream service a “block” is encrypted to prevent viewing on other devices. The following msg pops up. Oh well back to the dvd’s. License Issue :: 3338. "This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions. Please disconnect any external devices and try again".

A simple and inexpensive alternative for Mac Users is to purchase an External DVD Drive (cost about $29) and plug it in your Mac Laptop. Insert your DVD into the external drive and presto, the movie comes right up.

Thanks for your reply but the tv already has a built in dvd. I was just trying to see movies stored on my iPad on a bigger screen like the one in the cabin.