Currently aboard YC Splendida - questions?

CoupleUK

Yra, just returned from cruise in an Aurea cabin. No issues with size or cleanliness of cabin TV a little dated but don't cruise to watch TV so more than sufficient for our needs.

(...)

Did Anytime Dining which was great menu choices generally very good yes a bit lukewarm but no different to other cruises been on.

Thank you so much for that comprehensive briefing!

I am so happy especially with the positive experiences you had!

Looking now forward to our cruise even more!

Great!

Looking very much forward to it.

We are leaving Germany Saturday evening for Abu Dhabi, sailing the "untypical" 8-nights-cruise from/to Abu Dhabi, sharing one or two nights with the repositioning cruise to Asia.

I loved the YC on Meraviglia which was our first try of MSC and now I am a little bit concerned about food, wine, noise, cleanlyness ... on Splendida in our small Aurea cabin ;-)

I am especially looking for ideas / hints to make the best out of living on board, so suggestions for Wellness, food experience, wine recommandations, best party nights, sunloungers capture ;-) eg are very much appreciated!

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise and no issues with food, cleaning etc. I've posted the review now.

It's usually a mirror. I commented in my post Splendida report ours was a picture and just establishing if this was a change made during dry dock for the China market throughout the ship, which it is.

Hope you're having a great trip yra.

Tbh, we are not too happy with the cruise. Room is outdated but clean, like the whole ship. Itinerary is better than expected (Bahrain and Qatar were much much more interesting!).

Service level is good/high, only a bit Italian chaotic sometimes.

But i don't like the food in the MDR (la Reggia) :-(

We were looking forward to enjoy "sapori italiani", being used to German food on "MeinSchiff", which is always excellent in quality but a bit boring.

The food on Splendida is even more boring and sometimes not the best quality.

We could not do flexible dining, we had to make a reservation every day, only possible for 18:30 or 21:00.

Very disappointing.

Drinks are very good in some locations, very sad in other. Drop the pool bar if you like cocktails!

Music is often awful in purple bar, reminds me to howling wolves. The guitar player in the dim sum bar is excellent, so are the cocktails in both bars most of the time.

We made the best of it and it was a nice interesting cruise but now we are really looking forward to our hotel in Abu Dhabi!