Liberty out of Orlando v smaller boats out of Charleston or Jax

I have in my head that boat will be less rocky to the Bahamas if we leave out of Orlando on a bigger boat (Liberty) rather than Charleston or Jax on a smaller fantasy boat. I realize that this is weather dependent. I do not mind smaller boats, but I have been on a fantasy class out of Jax and it was very very sickening rocky. Also a friend just went on fantasy class out of Charleston and said it was very rocky. Is there any truth to this? Charleston and Jax are much closer to me, but I’m almost convinced to make a longer drive to Orlando which happens to also be a shorter cruise, just to avoid these rocky smaller boats. Do I need to disregard this theory or is there truth to this??! 😖

I think maybe time of the year plays into this, we went out of Charleston last April on the Ecstasy and didn't really notice too much rocking to and from the Bahamas, but I remember going out of Port Canaveral in the fall on the Sensation and coming back rockin and rollin!

Like you said, it’s weather dependent. I’ve been on the Liberty twice and the first time it was an awful ride. Granted, we were running from a tropical storm. Second time, the first two days were very rocky but the rest of the week we had a smooth sailing where motion was barely noticeable.

With that said, I’ve sailed on Fantasy class ships from various ports and it’s been hit or miss. Out of Miami sailing on the Imagination, everyone was throwing up. Same thing on the Sensation out of Port Canaveral. I’ve also sailed on the Fascination three times, out of Miami twice and out of Jacksonville once and all three were smooth as silk.

So as you can see, there’s truly no clear pattern. I would personally select based on itinerary, ship, price and convenience rather than what the ride may potentially be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like you said, it’s weather dependent. I’ve been on the Liberty twice and the first time it was an awful ride. Granted, we were running from a tropical storm. Second time, the first two days were very rocky but the rest of the week we had a smooth sailing where motion was barely noticeable.

With that said, I’ve sailed on Fantasy class ships from various ports and it’s been hit or miss. Out of Miami sailing on the Imagination, everyone was throwing up. Same thing on the Sensation out of Port Canaveral. I’ve also sailed on the Fascination three times, out of Miami twice and out of Jacksonville once and all three were smooth as silk.

So as you can see, there’s truly no clear pattern. I would personally select based on itinerary, ship, price and convenience rather than what the ride may potentially be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This!