Do we have to make reservations to see the shows, Triva and games, etc?

LongHill44

No reservations needed, but for the shows, if you want a good choice of seats I would plan on trying to be there at least 15-20 minutes before... They can fill up fast and seats can be hard to find (for anything decent).

You don't have to do reservations but for trivia we generally show up at least 10 min early to make sure we can find a seat and for the nightly performances and comedy shows, we generally try to show up at least 20-30 min early if we can to get a good seat.

With comedy (and this is something that annoys me, so I guess I'm getting on my soap box now), they're starting to clear the rooms right after the show and make everybody leave. The last few sailings (particularly in the later evening with the adult shows) they weren't letting anybody in until about 5-10 min prior to the show starting. Which, if it was two shows back to back by the same comedian, no big deal. I can see clearing the room. HOWEVER, it's usually a show by comedian A and then 45 min or so later a sh ow by Comedian B. And since you're forced to leave the room even if you had a good seat for comedian A, yo'ure NOT going to be getting a good seat for comedian B because you're forced to out and get in line. IMO, if you're already occupying a seat and don't wish to leave because you want to sit through both shows, you shouldn't be forced to leave.

Flame away. I'm ready for it.:evilsmile:

You don't have to do reservations but for trivia we generally show up at least 10 min early to make sure we can find a seat and for the nightly performances and comedy shows, we generally try to show up at least 20-30 min early if we can to get a good seat.

With comedy (and this is something that annoys me, so I guess I'm getting on my soap box now), they're starting to clear the rooms right after the show and make everybody leave. The last few sailings (particularly in the later evening with the adult shows) they weren't letting anybody in until about 5-10 min prior to the show starting. Which, if it was two shows back to back by the same comedian, no big deal. I can see clearing the room. HOWEVER, it's usually a show by comedian A and then 45 min or so later a sh ow by Comedian B. And since you're forced to leave the room even if you had a good seat for comedian A, yo'ure NOT going to be getting a good seat for comedian B because you're forced to out and get in line. IMO, if you're already occupying a seat and don't wish to leave because you want to sit through both shows, you shouldn't be forced to leave.

NO flaming, I know it annoys me too! But, I do understand why they are doing it (and they have actually been clearing the room for quite a while now)... there are so many people that want to go to the comedy shows and they just don't have enough seating. If they didn't clear the room, then many people would not be able to get in and see any shows that night because most people wouldn't leave (so all those outside wouldn't be able to get a seat).

I can't count the number of times we have had to walk out and not see a show we wanted to because it was too full.

Personally what bugs me more, is the "groups" that send one person in and take up an entire banquet "holding" it for the group that shows up at the last minute when other people can't find a seat. If I am there, I should be able to sit...

What’s funny is I’ve had the opposite experience. We used to be told we had to leave and reenter but the last two cruises (December & February) they didn’t ask anyone to leave. I’m wondering if it’s at the discretion of the ship based on how busy they are, both of those cruises had pretty low comedy attendance, I was starting to wonder if this was a whole societal change.

I’ve got to say, it’s so nice getting the seat you really like and being able to stay there. I mean I obviously understand that there might be people who want to go who couldn’t make it to the earlier one, but I almost feel like they need to be an hour apart to give those that we’re watching the last set time to get in line (ie they actually could get in line an hour early and get a decent spot if they wanted).

Personally what bugs me more, is the "groups" that send one person in and take up an entire banquet "holding" it for the group that shows up at the last minute when other people can't find a seat. If I am there, I should be able to sit...

OMG I hate that too. Experienced in more places than on a Carnival ship as well, unfortunately. :(