David Nevin named newest CD

BBfromCA

It was announced today (on the Explorer), that after 2 years of being an Assistant Cruise Director, David Nevin has been named Regent's newest Cruise Director. He will begin in that post this summer.

Nevin.jpg

Nevin.JPG.8bf8b005cf71708c8850d8e164e8ee2f.JPG

Edited by BBfromCA

Bill, thanks for sharing. We enjoyed David's exceptional a/CD skill set on last years Voyager Grand Voyage--Margaret Lynn and David worked extraordinarily well together.

Maybe y'all/us will enjoy David as a CD on our Mariner voyages later this year, tho think John Barron is scheduled now as our CD until Auckland.

We also enjoyed David when we were on the Mariner recently. He was working as the Assistant CD and Lorraine was CD onboard at that time. They both made our first Regent voyage special. Congrats to David!

Hooray! Congratulations to David for this well deserved recognition and promotion.

We too were onboard the Mariner last fall and really enjoyed the trio of Lorraine, David and Marla. They hosted one of the most fun nights that we have ever had onboard on our first night of the cruise at a dance party. They are all very talented and fun.

Can’t help but add as fellow Canadians that we are really proud of our ‘farm boy’ from Saskatchewan!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes - David is extremely talented. Just hope that he takes a page from John Barron and learns to interface with guests more. We had three cruises with David - saw his show every time because he is so good but could not break through his "reserve" to have a conversation. So, while I am happy, I am also offering constructive criticism.

P.S. He makes a wonderful Santa Claus (he was Santa on our Amazon cruise).

I was going to say that we did, too. We found him very approachable and quite nice. In fact, we probably spent more time talking with David than John.

Jackie, maybe you intimidated him? ;p

Actually, he intimidated me:evilsmile:. I probably was too busy talking to John on the Explorer. When we sailed with David in the Amazon in November, he was friendlier (it might have helped that I was telling him what a great Santa he made)

Some people just take getting used to. There was one G.M. that we sailed with 4 years ago and I hoped never to sail with him again. Now I am looking forward to seeing him - giving him a hug and having dinner. Things change - it just takes time.