Paradise dry dock speculation?

caryatid

I booked a cruise on the Paradise for my family for next December (2018), and I see that she is scheduled for a month long dry dock this coming Feb into March. It looks like it is a month long, and I was wondering if we might expect to see the sort of refurbishment that the Elation received during its dry dock. I would really hope that the ship will get a Guy's burgers and Blue Iguana because we enjoyed them so much on our last cruise. My husband was a little bummed to find out that they aren't currently on the Paradise, but we booked the cruise because it fit well with our kids Christmas break and it wasn't just back to Nassau.

I know we'll have a blast either way, but what is the over/under on the Paradise getting a Guys/Blue Iguana (and possibly an alchemy??!!) during the dry dock.

I have no inside knowledge, but the Sensation, Fantasy, Imagination, and Inspiration all have Guys and Blue Iguana now, and the Elation got a serious makeover with new cabins on the top deck and the 2.0 restaurants. I would not be surprised if the Paradise got the same kind of treatment. With the bridge situations at Tampa and Jacksonville, Carnival will need to keep Fantasy class ships if they want to use those ports. We prefer the smaller ships, as the service seems better so we're thrilled at the updates.

• 4 weeks later...

We were on Elation this year before the dry dock. Did it get the Alchemy? I don't see Alchemy listed on Carnival website, but when we were on it there was this bar that we thought would be perfect to turn into Alchemy. We are going on Paradise later this year and were really hoping for the Alchemy in this dry dock.

We were on Elation this year before the dry dock. Did it get the Alchemy? I don't see Alchemy listed on Carnival website, but when we were on it there was this bar that we thought would be perfect to turn into Alchemy. We are going on Paradise later this year and were really hoping for the Alchemy in this dry dock.

Elation didn't get Alchemy, I was pretty bummed about that. Was really looking forward to trying it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the information regarding the drydock schedule for the ship. Sailed her once in 2015 and enjoyed the cruise. Looking forward to the updates/renovations as we live not far from Port Tampa Bay and will book a cruise on the newly updated Paradise.

Posted by the Paradise Cruise Director Jaime Dee on her facebook page the other day:

Looking forward to one more AMAZING cruise with my Paradise Family

2764.png❤️! Then, vacation time - Texas, Bali and more!!! Come visit after dry dock! Sailing from Tampa! 1f600.png😀1f600.png😀 We will have burgers, burritos, alchemy, new cabins, oh my!!

• 2 weeks later...

The Spirit class can also be deployed to Tampa, so they can deploy the Spirit's to some of the restricted ports.

Actually I would like to see Carnival make more of the 2000 to 3000 passenger ships. Bigger isn't always better.

Can you share the details of what the Paradise will getting during Dry Dock now?

It's going to be substantially similar to the Elation and other Fantasy class updates. Seems the biggest difference is whether they get the Alchemy Bar or not.

I was just on my Carnival log in page for my cruise the day after dry dock, 3/26/2018, and was looking at what cabins were still available on the ship in case we wanted to change, nothing, just interior. However, I saw for their 3/31 sailing, they have Grand Suites with "extended balconies". Wondering if this is part of the new room upgrade after drydock. Looks like the extension of the balcony gives you more space between the cabin door and the railing, long enough for a chaise lounge chair! Wondering if they're going to call us for upgrades soon or if we will be pleasantly surprised with our current Grand Suite booking! Our GS was only $100 more per person than the Junior Suite when we booked a year ago so we went all in.

Updates noted in official press release that the

FASCINATION got during Dry Dock. From everything posted above, I'd say it is safe to say the Paradise will also get these dining/drink options (including the Alchemy Bar) along with the additional balconies.

Guy’s Burger Joint: a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries enjoyed amidst a décor that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture.

RedFrog Rum Bar: a poolside watering hole offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red.

• BlueIguana Cantina: a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar.

BlueIguana Tequila Bar: a fun and festive outdoor bar offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool.

Cherry on Top: The “sweetest spot on board,” Cherry on Top is the gateway to the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun-and-fanciful gifts, just-because novelties, colorful custom apparel and more.

Alchemy Bar: a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” that’s the go-to spot for guests seeking a unique experience with mixologists who “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients or guests’ own custom-created cocktails.

Bonsai Sushi Express: the success of the full-service Bonsai Sushi restaurants has spawned this casual, convenient yet equally tasty offshoot featuring a mouth-watering array of sushi, sashimi, rolls and more.

Carnival has updated their website with the upgrades to Paradise. Go to the ships and select Paradise. Click the PDF on the map and you will see the changes to the ship which includes Guys and other additions that everyone was speculating...it’s about time!