Just off Liberty and how Carnival does Christmas

jewliana

Hi everyone! Merry Christmas! Just got of the Liberty and want to tell you about our experiences regarding what was done for Christmas.

I have reviewed the Liberty in the past and nothing much has changed except the food just wasnt as good this time.

However, the spirit of Christmas was alive and well. We boarded and saw a giant tree in the lobby. There was a mailbox for Santa by it. Later that night there was a tree lighting ceremony complete with Christmas Carols.

The ship had trees in the Dining Rooms and the Theatre also. The background music soundtrack that they run throughtout the ship had a mix of Holiday songs and their usual music.

The next evening they had more caroling, an ugly sweater contest, snow (that wouldnt work) and a visit from Santa. The kids got to visit and have photos taken

The final day of the cruise there was a holiday show in the theatre that was quite good and ended with the kids doing some routines they had practised in camp throughout the cruise. Really cute.

We have done RCL and NCL for the holidays and Carnival has the best Christimas acitivites thoughout of them all.

Just wanted to write this up so that anyone thinking about doing a Christmas Cruise would have some idea of what to expect :-)

There were lots of kids...no issues :-)

Thanks for your perspective on a holiday cruise.

My youngest grandchild (taking her on her fourth cruise this summer) is a senior in high school. Knowing college and significant others are in the immediate future, there may no longer be pressing needs to stay at home during the holidays.

Maybe it's time for me to look into sailing solo at Christmas.

We will be boarding the Liberty on the 28th. Do you think there is a possibility that any of the Christmas decor might still be in place? Would love to see the ship decorated for Christmas!

I think they leave everything up till after New Years Day

Just to add.....for those who celebrate Hannukah, we have been on several ships at this time of year, there has also been a very large menorah in the atrium as well, and they light another 'candle' (i.e., light bulb..LOL) each night accompanied by a 'ceremony' saying the prayers over the lighting and singing some Hanukkah songs! (on one cruise they even served Challah and some sugar cookies with wine/grape juice too). Yes, CCL does do the Holidays very nicely and in good taste!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the imput we were all talking about taking a Christmas cruise next year. We took one years ago in NCL and they had cardboard santa scotched taped to the walls. Dusty and dirty Christmas trees and the stage was decorated with white sheets thrown over cardboard boxes !!??:confused: Soo tacky...and we did a Christmas on Holland and it was beyond expectations and so gorgeous...real weaths on each door great christmas trees I counld go on an on...outstanding.....nice to find out about Carnival because we like the price :*

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing! We are debating doing a Christmas 2019 cruise on the Conquest. We haven't 100% decided to pull the trigger on it yet, but I've got the booking sitting with a 48 hour hold right now LOL. I really really want to do a Christmas cruise with my kids while they're still young (they'd be 8 and 9 at the time of the cruise if we do it!) :)

Thanks for sharing! We are debating doing a Christmas 2019 cruise on the Conquest. We haven't 100% decided to pull the trigger on it yet, but I've got the booking sitting with a 48 hour hold right now LOL. I really really want to do a Christmas cruise with my kids while they're still young (they'd be 8 and 9 at the time of the cruise if we do it!) :)

Do it! I am at the realization that this Christmas might be the last one with my older son, or at least that we can plan on. He will be a junior in college, and while he can guarantee me that week, due to work and internships, he hasn't be able to guarantee me any summer weeks. It really does go too quickly!

We were recently (dec. 22-26) on the Fantasy and we had a similar holiday experience. Very festive!! Also waiters were walking around the Lido deck on Christmas eve with glasses of champagne just giving them out. Also, they had an alcoholic eggnog dispenser on the Lido deck with the other beverages. Very nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
Do it! I am at the realization that this Christmas might be the last one with my older son, or at least that we can plan on. He will be a junior in college, and while he can guarantee me that week, due to work and internships, he hasn't be able to guarantee me any summer weeks. It really does go too quickly!

I did it! We booked! Now to save, save, save, for the next 600 days! Haha. I can't wait!