Anyone used AT&T Talk & text plan?

We know nothing of your needs to use your phone, so we can't really recommend anything. If you really need a cell phone, the limit of 50 talk minutes might be crippling.

If you only need it on land, perhaps the International Day Pass plan might be better. Certainly has been for us. But, again, we know nothing of your use and needs.

1 time charge of $60 for 30 days.

Sailing on RC, Western Carribean, Jan 8th

I did last year, but it was $40 at that time. It works fine on land, the plan does not apply onboard a ship. We used the texting feature before we sailed, a lot in ports and after our cruise when we went to Peru.

ATT also has the $10/day charge that uses voice and data from your plan in the US. This is ok unless you need it for more than 6 days. However, it still does not work on the ship.

Ship charges are much higher, esp. for voice. This is why the cruise lines have improved their wifi/internet offerings. You can often use the internet to make calls or text over wifi and avoid the high cost of international roaming thru the cell system of the ship.

I did last year, but it was $40 at that time. It works fine on land, the plan does not apply onboard a ship. We used the texting feature before we sailed, a lot in ports and after our cruise when we went to Peru.

If you look on the AT&T website, it is recommended for cruising.

I agree with your comments about the International Day Pass. On a 7 day cruise, how much phone do you need? One or 3 days in port? International Day Pass is the better choice.

OP, if you are thinking about needing texting ability on the ship to other members of your family traveling with you, be aware it is far from worth it. It will be $60 per phone on the plan, and there are so many other ways to communicate on the ship.

I have used their plans including earlier this year.

My experience is that the plans change almost annually with different components and pricing.

All of this comes down to how much you will use it and from where.

We only use it when in port so that is our consideration.

Keith

We used the "international" text addition plan for $10. It's for the entire month, so we just cancelled it upon arriving home. We didn't need to make calls, but did need texting to check in on the kids and animals. Texts worked just fine, photos never sent though.

(This was four years ago)

We used the "international" text addition plan for $10. It's for the entire month, so we just cancelled it upon arriving home. We didn't need to make calls, but did need texting to check in on the kids and animals. Texts worked just fine, photos never sent though.

(This was four years ago)

Things have changed A LOT in the last year, not to mention 4 years.

Things have changed A LOT in the last year, not to mention 4 years.

Oops, I meant three! But agreed, things change quite often. I just verified the option is still available though. The price has gone up to $16. But I’ll take that to be able to check in at home every now and then. :)