Hotel in St Thomas

vandrefalk

ok - I know a lot of hotels aren’t open yet (witness Zimmy and Trapper having to stay in Miami) but we are sailing in early March. Does anyone know anything about Mafolie? Or Emerald Beach? Those look like the most likely for pre and post stays. Suggestions welcome!

Vandrefalk

ok - I know a lot of hotels aren’t open yet (witness Zimmy and Trapper having to stay in Miami) but we are sailing in early March. Does anyone know anything about Mafolie? Or Emerald Beach? Those look like the most likely for pre and post stays. Suggestions welcome!

Vandrefalk

We heard nice things about a B&B - At Home in the Tropics - so we are booked there

Emerald Beach 'Resort' is serviceable - clean, safe, close to the airport and cruise terminal. They had a decent beach area with some good shade to retreat to (an important requirement for me!) and a good size bar with nice views to both the pool and beach area. It is not someplace I could see staying at for an extended vacation but I was there a couple two years back before and after a Seabourn cruise for a couple of nights.

We are sailing SeaDream out of St. Thomas in March and have opted to stay on St John a few nights before. Thankfully the place we are staying, Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel, was spared from significant damaged this fall and has remained operational.

As I live on St John (and will also be on the sailing out of St Thomas March 17th) CBBH is a good choice for a place to stay. I believe Emerald Beach is due to open as of 1-1-18 but have not heard for sure but the shade is gone as all trees were stripped. I believe Mafolie is open but I don't know what damage the had (but again I am on St John so not 100% on St Thomas as I only drive through on the way to the airport) Traffic lights are still out on the Waterfront and homes are still without power although more are back on the grid as I type. At Home In The Tropics is a great little B&B

Pia