Liberty

Collett2010

The Liberty is our favorite ship. We've cruised on her twice, and would do so again. I like the layout and the decor. On Embarkation Day, I would suggest that you take time to explore the ship and familiarize yourself with where everything is located. Hope you have a great cruise!

We sailed her over new years. I had no complaints except that we had very rough seas and you could really feel it in the dining room even on more calm nights. Take sea bands to wear at dinner. We really enjoyed flick and the bar back the pizza place was the quickest place to get a drink. There was also a really amazing photographer, can't remember his name but he was blonde and Russian or eastern European. Stop and get photos by him if you see him. I hate pictures. My Whole cruise was cheaper than the professional head shots I had just had done for my son the week before. And this guy got at least 5 headshot photos that were stunning. For free.

Sailed on Liberty in early Dec 2017, 3-day to Bahamas. Had a great time! We liked the layout of the ship, and found each of the bars to be enjoyable in their differences. Food in the MDR was great, IMHO. See my review here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2577432&highlight=liberty

We have booked another cruise that happens to be on Liberty for early March (4-day Bahamas), so obviously not unhappy about the ship!

I just booked a cruise for 2019 on the Liberty. I haven't been on her yet, does anyone have the Fun Times for a 4 day cruise?

Also my cruise will be going to Princess Cay, which I am happy and excited about - I have been to Half Moon a few times - have any of you been there as well?

Thanks everyone! So excited and can’t wait! How is the weather typically this time of year?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Weather in central FL can be up and down in Jan-Feb, with cold spells where we hit near-freezing overnight and daytime highs in the 50s, to warm spells where overnight drops only to mid-60s and daytime highs can be 75-80 deg.

By early March the really cold stuff stops, basically adding 5-10 deg to the "cold" range (so 40-45 deg overnight, daytime 60-65 deg for cooler days, and slowly getting warmer "warm" days too.

Now that being said, the Bahamas tends to moderate all of that because of the Gulf Stream, so the current weather.com forecast for Nassau for the next two weeks is pretty typical for daytime highs ranging from 79 to 82, while forecasted lows ranging from 69 to 73 deg are a little warmer than normal (usually down to 63 deg or so).

Hope that helps a bit.

I'll be on the Liberty for the 1st time March 4th. Really looking forward to getting away after this COLD winter (yes, I live in central FL)

Glad to see all the positive reviews... I read one yesterday that was not good... but it seemed it was her very first cruise, and probably went in with high expectations. ~ I always have none, then it can't be a bad cruise.

~ Question ..... It's been 2 yrs since my last cruise.... Have the cabins been updated with USB ports? I was reading something on John's blog about it last year or so.

Thanks in Advance,

I'll be on the Liberty for the 1st time March 4th. Really looking forward to getting away after this COLD winter (yes, I live in central FL)

Glad to see all the positive reviews... I read one yesterday that was not good... but it seemed it was her very first cruise, and probably went in with high expectations. ~ I always have none, then it can't be a bad cruise.

~ Question ..... It's been 2 yrs since my last cruise.... Have the cabins been updated with USB ports? I was reading something on John's blog about it last year or so.

Thanks in Advance,

We're on the same cruise as you!

I honestly do not recall seeing any USB charging ports in the cabin. Just the single power plug.

I really should photograph the cabin better this time around, if only for historical footnote stuff like this. Of course, I'm in a completely different cabin - we had an aft balcony last time, this time it is interior (same deck, same area, though).

I took a photo on my last cruise, of the outlet.... the way my 3 prong adapter was, I could not get it to work --- it did not swivel, so it was pointed the wrong way and there was not enough room to have it plugged in. (hard to explain, but the wall was right there)

I have one now that i have in my RV where it's a tower, with 4 usb and 2 outlets on a 4' cord. it will work like a champ.

We was on the Liberty last summer. It was our first cruise so don’t have much to compare it to but everything was great and hooked us on cruiseing. If there was any negative thing I would say it was the behavior of some of other passengers. But it’s a short cheap cruise with lots of people on board so I read it’s to be expected.

We have another room booked on the Liberty later in the year If that tells you anything.

Enjoy!

Weather in central FL can be up and down in Jan-Feb, with cold spells where we hit near-freezing overnight and daytime highs in the 50s, to warm spells where overnight drops only to mid-60s and daytime highs can be 75-80 deg.

By early March the really cold stuff stops, basically adding 5-10 deg to the "cold" range (so 40-45 deg overnight, daytime 60-65 deg for cooler days, and slowly getting warmer "warm" days too.

Now that being said, the Bahamas tends to moderate all of that because of the Gulf Stream, so the current weather.com forecast for Nassau for the next two weeks is pretty typical for daytime highs ranging from 79 to 82, while forecasted lows ranging from 69 to 73 deg are a little warmer than normal (usually down to 63 deg or so).

Hope that helps a bit.

Yes it does. Thanks

First time cruising with Carnival. We will be on the Liberty Feb 25. Did we make a good choice? Excited to go and hear others opinions. Have cruisrd Big Red Boat, RCL and Disney x 2

I'm sure you'll find Liberty to be a step up from BRB...lol.

Your question will solicit a lot of subjective answers and you won't really be able to answer your own question until AFTER your cruise is over.

But, stay excited and realize that with anything, things can and sometimes do go differently than what is expected. Just go with the flow and remember you are on vacation.